• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Renaissance Literary & Talent

RedandWolf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. I looked and didn't find a thread for this particular agency, so I decided to start one myself.

Haven't been able to find much, except for a Publisher's Marketplace page here: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Romandog/

If anyone has any information for or against this agency, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's so hard to find agents that want fantasy, but I still want to be careful about just who I send my work out to.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
I just e-queried...I'll let you know how it goes for me.

--Dev

hawk

Registered
Reaction score
I just did a search on P & E and found this:
"Renaissance - A Literary Talent Agency: A literary agency. Address reported invalid. Contact at:
8523 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069"
All I could get at the www.rltagency.net site was a home page...cute dog running across the page, though.
LitMatch didn't have a listing yet.
Wish I could have been more helpful, RedandWolf.

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You can find an interview with him on GumboWriters.com. He's Lauren Bacall agent. That should be good enough for anyone! :) He also doesn't like YA.

I found another site for them but can't for the life of me remember where!
Still Alive

Brukaviador

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal dealings with this agent or agency? Is he worth submitting to or does he only handle celebrity books?

Their homepage is the sparsest I've ever seen, so I wonder if they even accept unsolicited queries at all.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Alan Nevins asked for the first 100 pages a few weeks ago. I wrote him a few days ago and he said he'd just returned from a tour and would be back to me soon. I haven't heard anything else to this point. I will let you know when I do.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Okay.

I just queried Margaret O'Connor. We'll see how it goes.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
The agent's website doesn't appear to be finished. The links along the top aren't live, which makes it kind of hard to figure out what they want (since I can't get to the submissions page). I tried it in Firefox and IE both. Maybe it's just my computer or maybe they're in the process of updating and I just hit the site at the wrong time. It's still frustrating.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, per their PM page: "Email submissions only. Please include a cover letter, synopsis, and author bio."

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm trying to find out more about the other agents listed as part of Renaissance.
Without paying my $20 for PW, because $20 a month is a lot of money right now. Would aspiring fantasy writers send queries to Alan only, or one of the others?

Filigree

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took a look for you, Filigree. PM's not much help, I'm afraid. The closest is a 2009 children's fantasy sale to Harper Children's by agent Margaret O'Connor. None at all listed for adult fantasy. Of course, agents don't always post all their sales as I'm sure you know. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the agency will have more helpful information.

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering about them too, the Beverly Hills one. I actually posted a thread about agents who dabble in TV and movies and they were one of the agencies I was wondering about.

They sold the What to Expect When You're Expecting series which is huge. I read all of them. LOL

Their email address wasn't working and I went ahead and called. The assistant was really nice and helpful but that's all my dealings so far. Waiting to hear back on my query.

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
Anthony Mattero offered me representation on my science fantasy/romance about a week ago. Although I ended up going with a different agency, he was a pleasure to speak to, answered every crazy question I threw at him, connected me to one of his clients, and was all around a terrific guy and a pure professional. Anyone who signs with him would have a real champion for his or her work.

If you're curious, the full story is here: http://vickcorrenagencyfiles.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-representation.html

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Just got the nicest rejection letter from Anthony Mattero. Queried on 2/28/11, personalized rejection on 3/10/11. He seems like he'd be a really nice person to work with. I'm keeping him in mind for my next project.

MikeGrant

Registered
Reaction score
Anthony Mattero is a class act. I had a very nice personalised rejection from him today, with useful feedback.

Which then magically turned into a full manuscript request. :)

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone access their website.? I keep getting error message or can't be found