AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance Literary & Talent

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Renaissance Literary & Talent

Hi there. I looked and didn't find a thread for this particular agency, so I decided to start one myself.

Haven't been able to find much, except for a Publisher's Marketplace page here: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Romandog/

If anyone has any information for or against this agency, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's so hard to find agents that want fantasy, but I still want to be careful about just who I send my work out to.
    "All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." Edgar Allan Poe

It looks liker there are two of them - a legit one in Beverly Hills
    http://rltagency.net/

And here's a page explaining about the "other" one.

http://www.alsirois.com/writing/renscam.htm

I just e-queried...I'll let you know how it goes for me.

--Dev

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin hawk's Avatar
    I just did a search on P & E and found this:
    "Renaissance - A Literary Talent Agency: A literary agency. Address reported invalid. Contact at:
    8523 Sunset Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90069"
    All I could get at the www.rltagency.net site was a home page...cute dog running across the page, though.
    LitMatch didn't have a listing yet.
    Wish I could have been more helpful, RedandWolf.

practical experience, FTW
    You can find an interview with him on GumboWriters.com. He's Lauren Bacall agent. That should be good enough for anyone! He also doesn't like YA.

I found another site for them but can't for the life of me remember where!
    Still Alive

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by still alive View Post
    He's Lauren Bacall agent. That should be good enough for anyone!
    By anyone, you mean if you're an aging movie star.

Anyone have any personal dealings with this agent or agency? Is he worth submitting to or does he only handle celebrity books?

Their homepage is the sparsest I've ever seen, so I wonder if they even accept unsolicited queries at all.
    If you live in or around Calgary, Alberta Canada and are looking for a supportive writing group, send me a PM.
    We also have sister chapters in a couple different cities in Saskatchewan.

I have a full out with Ms. O'Connor. I should be hearing back soon. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by Annarkie; 07-26-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: google

Alan Nevins asked for the first 100 pages a few weeks ago. I wrote him a few days ago and he said he'd just returned from a tour and would be back to me soon. I haven't heard anything else to this point. I will let you know when I do.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    Looks like they have a new website.

http://renaissancemgmt.net/

Ooh, thanks, Kaitie!

requiescat in pace Requiescat In Pace
    Okay.

I just queried Margaret O'Connor. We'll see how it goes.
    It is with the deepest sadness that I must tell all of you that my wife, Irene Schaft, passed away on Monday, 9 August 2010 from a massive stroke.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to Parker Paws, http://www.parkerpaws.org/donate.html a local animal shelter.

Irene's system will only be up infrequently for the next few weeks, and her mail will not be checked regularly. Any messages of condolence can be sent to her husband George at schaft@schaft.com

Irene's blog: [URL]http://sybilsimon.com/[/URL]

After 5 months she finally passed on my ms.
    Blog: "Supernatural Smut" http://brooklynann.blogspot.com

The agent's website doesn't appear to be finished. The links along the top aren't live, which makes it kind of hard to figure out what they want (since I can't get to the submissions page). I tried it in Firefox and IE both. Maybe it's just my computer or maybe they're in the process of updating and I just hit the site at the wrong time. It's still frustrating.
    Visit my website!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    FWIW, per their PM page: "Email submissions only. Please include a cover letter, synopsis, and author bio."
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I'm trying to find out more about the other agents listed as part of Renaissance.
    Without paying my $20 for PW, because $20 a month is a lot of money right now. Would aspiring fantasy writers send queries to Alan only, or one of the others?

Filigree

I took a look for you, Filigree. PM's not much help, I'm afraid. The closest is a 2009 children's fantasy sale to Harper Children's by agent Margaret O'Connor. None at all listed for adult fantasy. Of course, agents don't always post all their sales as I'm sure you know. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the agency will have more helpful information.
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

I was wondering about them too, the Beverly Hills one. I actually posted a thread about agents who dabble in TV and movies and they were one of the agencies I was wondering about.

They sold the What to Expect When You're Expecting series which is huge. I read all of them. LOL

Their email address wasn't working and I went ahead and called. The assistant was really nice and helpful but that's all my dealings so far. Waiting to hear back on my query.

Thanks, GiantBaby. I'll put Renaissance in the to-be-queried last section of my list, until I hear more. All too often these days, when agents say they rep 'fantasy' they really mean is 'urban fantasy.'

Filigree

Anthony Mattero offered me representation on my science fantasy/romance about a week ago. Although I ended up going with a different agency, he was a pleasure to speak to, answered every crazy question I threw at him, connected me to one of his clients, and was all around a terrific guy and a pure professional. Anyone who signs with him would have a real champion for his or her work.

If you're curious, the full story is here: http://vickcorrenagencyfiles.blogspo...sentation.html

USA Today Bestselling Author Jamiekswriter's Avatar
    Just got the nicest rejection letter from Anthony Mattero. Queried on 2/28/11, personalized rejection on 3/10/11. He seems like he'd be a really nice person to work with. I'm keeping him in mind for my next project.

practical experience, FTW MikeGrant's Avatar
    Anthony Mattero is a class act. I had a very nice personalised rejection from him today, with useful feedback.

Which then magically turned into a full manuscript request.

practical experience, FTW Robyn's Avatar
    Anthony just asked for the first 50pages of my horror wip today. Off they went, now fingers crossed.

Can anyone access their website.? I keep getting error message or can't be found

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Interesting. The domain's still registered, so they could be reworking it. Here's their PM page in the meantime: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Romandog/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast