• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rob Weisbach Creative Managment

tracycgold

Stop writing. If you can.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tracycgold.com
The standard time to nudge is at three months. Waiting is hard, but I wouldn't recommend nudging before that.

I'm so incredibly impatient that this whole query process has me pulling out my hair. I know I'm not alone in that!

I think you're right, just so many others have said he's lightning fast that I'm confused!

Amanuensis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so incredibly impatient that this whole query process has me pulling out my hair. I know I'm not alone in that!

I think you're right, just so many others have said he's lightning fast that I'm confused!

My experience: he asked me for a full, responded exactly three weeks later, we chatted via email for a bit, then talked by phone. He said very nice things and, more importantly, had stunningly good notes. I rewrote and resubbed per his suggestions (ironically, the well-known writer he compared me to's actual agent has also asked for a full). I, like you, am awaiting a reply.

Good luck!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if he's become a non-responder to queries now? I sent him a query on my new project and have heard nothing.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Mayqueen, according to QueryTracker he tends to respond just as quickly with rejections, although there are also a decent number of no responses. Maybe queries are getting lost in the internet ether? Or maybe he has a maybe pile?

I guess what I'm saying is that it's clear he isn't a flat non-responder, though whether that suggests you should follow-up, I'm not sure.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Received a stunningly fast response from him a day after sending my full. The stunning part is that it was a personal response, detailing what he liked of what he'd read, and what he didn't like (and how he would like to see the book revised to address the problems he sees).

Also, he offered to look at the manuscript again in a few months if I decide to revise towards his directions.

I'm going to wait on that until I hear from the other agents on my list, but it's a good offer, and wonderful rejection (as much as such things can be wonderful).

tracycgold

Stop writing. If you can.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tracycgold.com
Hey, was on vacation so a bit delayed here. Got a really encouraging rejection (yes those two words are going together) on 6/6. So 5/20 to 6/6--still very fast! I respect him a lot for taking the time to be so thoughtful. I'm keeping at it!

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
I have a full MS out with Richard Florest. I found it 8 days later in my spam and sent right away with an apology. I'm at four weeks and without confirmation of his receiving the MS, I'm unsure of what to do. Does anyone have experience with Mr. Florest? Thanks in advance. ~ Karen