• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rob Weisbach Creative Managment

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I got an offer of representation (which turned into 3) and, when I alerted Rob Weisbach, he sent me a very pleasant note saying "congratulations and good luck with your book." I seriously doubt he ever read the full I had emailed on 7/10 but at least he was polite enough to acknowledge the offer alert and to get back to me on the requested deadline (July 31st).

So, in my situation, it was a 21 day wait to hear back but I doubt he read it since his reply gave no indication that he had.

Since he's had your partial for going on 4 months, it's probably perfectly acceptable to send a polite status update asking where you are in his reading queue and when he expects to get to it.

Yeah, I nudged....I just wondered. He was so quick to respond to my query and to intially respond to my "can I send you the revised manuscript after agent suggestions?" that it's really surprising. Fabulous.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Yeah, I nudged....I just wondered. He was so quick to respond to my query and to intially respond to my "can I send you the revised manuscript after agent suggestions?" that it's really surprising. Fabulous.

Well, I nudged again yesterday....reject for the partial from April, BUT I got a full request for my latest YA Contemporary....only me! :tongue

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Just wanted to update and say that yesterday I officially accepted an offer of representation with Fonda Snyder who is a partner of Rob's. I am very impressed and excited. Although she offered for my YA Contemporary Don't Hate the Player, she's also planning subbing my YA UF, The Guardians as well.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
THANKS Kap, Lily, and LWalker! :D

Now that the decision, or extreme agent cage fighting, is over, I can finally feel excited! LOL

WriterMorgan

Scribble, type, scribble, type.
Registered
Reaction score
Gooooo Juneluv! :)

One of their agents currently has my full...almost a month now....but then again there are 2 other agents will fulls and 2 others with partials....ahhhhhhh being in limbo is so nerve wracking!

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Rob Weisbach asked for a partial of my memoir on Thursday and Jake Bauman contacted me yesterday and asked for the entire manuscript. It's also with Bill Clegg.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sent my query to Jake on 03-24-10 and got a request for the full manuscript today. I'm very excited!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I queried April 20th, and just now received an email from May Wuthrich, asking me about myself, my experience and what made me write the book. No actual request for pages, but I'm still freaked out!

ETA: I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with May Wuthrich. I see lots of news (old and new) about her on the 'net, but can't find any personal anecdotes about her.

I sent my 'get to know me' response, but should I have attached pages even though she didn't ask for them? This is a vastly different experience than what I'm accustomed to.

Last edited:

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I got a turndown from Jake Bauman a few weeks ago, but he wrote a gracious letter and then I replied to that and he wrote back in more detail. I have the feeling if other agents decline he will ask me to do some changes. He really loved the memoir but had a few objections. He is a real gentleman!!! Good luck the rest of you. If you get him as an agent, I think you will fortunate.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm starting to like these guys a lot. Congrats to new clients, hugs to those who missed out (this time), and rah rah to those of us in limbo.

I haven't received an answer yet from my 'tell me about yourself' email. I'm wondering if she got it. Gawd, sometimes this business makes me want to *insert vice here*.

Last edited:

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
I took a chance and sent my query and synopsis to David Groff for my futuristic romance. Their websit says nothing about what they accept or don't accept, or what to send and what not to send, so I'll keep you all informed.

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I decided to send a follow-up email to May Wuthrich. Since it was a conversational email exchange, I felt it was acceptable. I mentioned my full that is out, and asked if she wanted to see a sample of my writing. Hope it works!

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It worked.

She responded this morning asking me to snail mail a full. I'll run a comb through it one more time. Besides, I have a conference this weekend with a 'blue pencil' session with an editor. Maybe he can tell me if my first pages are strong enough, etc.

She says she probably won't get to it for a couple of months, but that's okay, I can mail it at a cheaper rate than the one I spent twenty bucks on last month LOL!

Eeep!

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Update: May emailed me today, a couple of weeks shy of the 3-month mark. I opened the email with trepidation, but it turns out she was asking for an electronic file of my MS because she was about to go on a trip.

I sent it with the hope that she'd received the hard copy, & she responded that she'd already begun reading and wanted something more portable for her trip.

Yay! She didn't throw it away in disgust! Still in play, my friends. Still in play.