• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

starscape

Busy with a number of networks
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leikkanen.wordpress.com
Ah, thank you for the info

Well, it is a bit cruel that they won't consider the submission of a revised manuscript, especially when there are not many SF&F agents.

Nandini

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nandinibajpai.blogspot.com
EQ 10/16 (Alyssa Reuben)
Full request late last night!

I'm going to take a day or two to re-read the ms with another agent's comments in mind (she sent a helpful R on a full yesterday)before sending.

Any word yet, Smiley0501??

UPDATE: Was just starting a revision when she requested the full, so asked if it was OK to send after it was done--she was OK with that. Just sent the revised full on 2/12/12. No word yet.

Last edited:

Erin Latimer

Stay in and write.
Registered
Reaction score
Another Full Request!

I just got a full request from Jason Yarn this morning! Squee! Does anyone know what books he reps? I have full access to PM but I can't seem to dig up much except one gal who writes woman's lit. Anyone?

Erin Latimer

Stay in and write.
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I would update! Talked to Jason Yarn on the phone this morning and he offered rep. I have to report that he is absolutely wonderful to talk to, was patient with my babbling and had tons of good ideas for my manuscript! Very excited!

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Congratulations. Keep us informed as this moves through the system.

Thought I would update! Talked to Jason Yarn on the phone this morning and he offered rep. I have to report that he is absolutely wonderful to talk to, was patient with my babbling and had tons of good ideas for my manuscript! Very excited!

Nandini

Registered
Reaction score
Website
nandinibajpai.blogspot.com

CONGRATULATIONS!!

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Erin, congratulations! I submitted a couple manuscripts to Jason while I was searching for an agent and exchanged a number of emails with him during the process. He's got a keen eye and is a top notch agent. You should be thrilled. Way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Erin- congratulations!

Bumping this thread to say Alyssa responded to my full on March 1st and gave me detailed feedback+wants to "get to know me more".

AHHHHHHH. *freaking out*

I figure this is only a revise & resubmit, but who knows...

CONGRATS Smiley!!!!!:hooray:
That's SUCH AMAZING news!!!!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com

That's so exciting Erin!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:hooray:Good luck in the future!!!!!!!!!!! :hooray:

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread to say - Alyss@ is extremely knowledgeable about the field even though she has only been agenting for two years. She is very interested in contemporary YA, like many, is tired of dystopian and reps many celebrity clients (as it seems is their focus at P@radigm).
Whoever gets her as an agent is very very lucky.

Last edited:

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Just thought I'd post that I got a rejection last week... of a query I send last year.
Query January 11, 2011
Rejection April 6th, 2012

Of course they apologized for the long wait... I'd written them off.

I believe the query was for Jason, but the reject came from someone else.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post that I got a rejection last week... of a query I send last year.
Query January 11, 2011
Rejection April 6th, 2012

Of course they apologized for the long wait... I'd written them off.

I believe the query was for Jason, but the reject came from someone else.

My goodness. Over a year later? Why bother.

lunaxpetunia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to all on these forums for the help. I consulted AW frequently at almost every step of the writing and querying process!

Last edited:

KaiaSonderby

The Little Aspie That Could
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aerodaydreams.livejournal.com
Just wondering if anyone has any recent info on Jason Yarn's response times. I sent a query June 10th. Guess I just want to know when about I should consider it a no response.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any recent info on Jason Yarn's response times. I sent a query June 10th. Guess I just want to know when about I should consider it a no response.

He has a partial of mine, and he's had it since April, but I'm not sure what his response times are these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Gave in my R&R (gave it back?) Jan 22, received note that Alyssa got it and was looking forward to reading on Feb 3.

*bites nails* The wait begins.....

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
So do these guys accept queries, or not? Do I absolutely have to snail mail the query if I do decide to query?

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
Oof. Not the most easily navigated webpage in the world, is it? I finally found it under, "Book Publishing" and then under "Contact":

Paradigm accepts submissions in all areas of fiction and non-fiction.

Please e-mail your query letter along with the first 10 pages of your work in the body of an email to (redacted to save them being spammed). Remember to include contact information along with your submission.

Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each individually and will only contact you if we are interested in your project.

Lemon Eater

Registered
Reaction score
Here's my break down:

11/9/12: Jason confirmed receipt of my full MS.
12/28/12: I sent first nudge. (Too early?)
1/2/13: Jason responds saying that he hasn't gotten to it yet but hopes to soon.
2/22/13: I sent second nudge, no response from him this time.
4/5/13: I sent him my MS again, but this time with changes to the first chapter, as we met at a conference and those were the changes he wanted.

Next Sunday (June 9) will be 7 months that he's had the MS and I worry that I emailed him too much already(3 times). Should I send another nudge at the 7 month mark or wait until the 8 month mark?

Any advice would be appreciated. Call me naive, but I didn't expect it to take this long.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Are you still submitting to other agents? I mean, is this an exclusive?

If it is an exclusive, then yes you should definitely nudge (at least I would). If not, then I would focus on sending to other agents. If/when you get an offer from another agent, then let Jason know.

In your case, he clearly has your manuscript, and it is in his pile of to-be-read-or-considered. In my experience, nudging doesn't necessarily make someone respond faster, and taking a long time might be because they are torn about the manuscript itself (at least that was my case when agents had my MS forever).

In sum, my advice is to treat your queries/partials/fulls like fire-and-forget missiles (at least as much as that's humanly possible).