AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Agency] Park Literary & Media (formerly The Park Literary Group)

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter bocabum's Avatar

Question [Agency] Park Literary & Media (formerly The Park Literary Group)

Does anyone have any info on Amanda Cardinale??

It says on the website that she joined The Park Agency in early 2008, but there's nothing on QT about her.

Anyone have any experiences with her?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Adding PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com.../ParkLiterary/

They don't say what position Amanda held at her previous agencies, but I'm not finding any sales listed for her with any agency (under that name, at least).
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I e-queried her yesterday and got a request for a full this morning. She was very professional and seemed interested in the topic of my novel. We shall see...

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter bocabum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ginger View Post
    I e-queried her yesterday and got a request for a full this morning. She was very professional and seemed interested in the topic of my novel. We shall see...
    White Ginger, did you e-query Amanda?

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Mentioned in the acknowledgments for Doomed Queens: Royal Women Who Met Bad Ends by Kris Waldherr and The Piano Teacher: A Novel by Janice Y. K. Lee.

Yes, I e-queried her yesterday afternoon. I've been doing only e-queries since September.

Anybody have any experiences with Theresa Park? She's got good history, background and sales, and seems to have put together a nice little boutique there. I've just put a query package into the mail and I'm wondering if anyone knows about her responsiveness (can't find her on QT) or can offer personal testimony on interaction...Tnx.

figuring it all out
    Anyone know anything about Shannon O'Keefe? Obviously the Park Agency's awesome (Nicholas Sparks, eh?) and Shannon appears to have worked for Sanford J. Greenberger (that agency repped the Da Vinci Code). On AgentQuery, it says she's at Park Agency, but their website doesn't list her. Anyone know where she's at?

Her AQ page. FWIW, Agencies don't always list every associate. Was your query returned?
    ICAO
    ---------

figuring it all out
    Haven't tried yet, but I'll let the thread know what happens. Just didn't want to look like a doofus sending a query to an agent who's no longer at the agency.

I lurk, therefore I am HappyCamper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ginger View Post
    Yes, I e-queried her yesterday afternoon. I've been doing only e-queries since September.
    Hi White Ginger! Their website says they only accept snail mail queries. What e-mail add did you use?

Thanks!

now accepting e-queries

Website now states they are accepting e-queries.

snail mailed abigail koons a couple of weeks a go. no word yet. anyone have recent experience with her?

Getting back up again Dawnny Baby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaedence View Post
    Website now states they are accepting e-queries.
    I tried e-querying Abigail Koons yesterday, but the voodoo tech gods returned my e-mail as "undeliverable" (or something like that). So I went to the post office, which was closed because it was Veteran's Day. Today I returned to the post office and paid just over $2 to snail mail my query. At least now I'll get a SASE rejection, instead of just no reply from a rejected e-query....

(Builds character, right?)

A new year, a new avatar Snappy's Avatar
    Anyone have any updates on this agency?
    ~ Just Snappy

Their site and PM page are current. Did you have a particular question?
    ICAO
    ---------

Twitter: @petedutcherjr PeteDutcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Hi White Ginger! Their website says they only accept snail mail queries. What e-mail add did you use?

Thanks!
    queries (at) parkliterary (dot) com

figuring it all out
    Has anyone had any recent experiences with this agency? I saw that Abigail Koons isn't currently taking new clients, but Theresa Park apparently is.

bershka

Question

Does anyone have experience in querying this agency? Has anyone queried Peter Knapp?

practical experience, FTW
    I won a pitch contest with him at the end of July. He requested the full but ultimately passed. His comments were great, as was his communication. No R&R, mainly because he thought the story was strong enough, but just not for him.

I did the same as Kmarshall. He was polite and professional and very nice throughout. One week in, he even emailed me to let me know he'd just gotten back from vacation and would read the full ASAP. Seems like a good communicator.

Any updates on this agency lately? Has anyone been offered a contract?

practical experience, FTW JoyMC's Avatar
    I got a request from Peter Knapp off of Write On Con for my middle grade contemporary. I'll keep you posted!
    BLOOD WATER PAINT, spring 2018, Dutton Young Readers

practical experience, FTW DahlELama's Avatar
    Awesome, congrats and good luck, Joy! Pete is one of the nicest agents out there, and he reps a couple of my friends who love him, including the wonderful Brenda Drake.
    Daylight Falls duology (Spencer Hill Contemporary)
    Just Visiting (Spencer Hill Contemporary)
    Radleigh University series

My Blog
    My Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast