• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Philip G. Spitzer Literary Agency

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I wasn't sure what to do with this. I was looking for information on the Philip G Spitzer Litarary Agency, went to their website and my computer went nuts. (I have my security settings very high, but the virus came in with the name of the Agent attached). As soon as their main page opened, a string of PDF pages also started to open, all of them regarding the purchasing of drugs, and then my system locked up.

i had an old email addy on file for the agency and have tried to contact them to let them know. (I hope they don't think my email is spam!) I didn't want others other open the site and have the same thing happen, so i thought i should post here, but i also don't want to cause a problem for the agent by making people afraid to go to their site.

is there something else i should do?

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I just went there with no problems.

Keep in mind, many Trojans will lay dormant for hours, days, even weeks, depending on the coding. Then, when you go to a webpage at the specified time (or interval) then you "get" a virus. It's not the last sight you went to that necessarily gave you the virus, but it sure throws you off the trail, doesn't it?

You need a better virus scanner. You might get AVG or Avira. (I use Avira, and it has a good active guard.)

I really don't think it was this legit agent's website. I clicked all over and got nothing.

(BTW, if in the last couple weeks, you went to a site that told you that you needed to "scan for viruses" because their scanner found something... that is where you got the Trojan.)

Sorry about your computer.

calliope12

Registered
Reaction score
This is a very reputable agency. I'd be very surprised if they had a problem with
their computers, but it can happen to anyone.

flygal716

Jump in the way of good luck
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping up this post...does anyone have any recent experience querying or working with the Spitzer Agency? They look very reputable, have a whole lot of wonderful mystery writers as clients. Appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. I was going to query this agency but wanted to check here first to see if anyone has had any recent dealings with them. I will be sure to post when I receive a response.
Bryan

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
No personal experience, but the fact that they rep Michael Connelly is a huge plus IMO.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Just hit the send button on my email. Their website says they only respond if they're interested, but judging by their recent sales, I'd say they are a good fit for me. Time will tell I suppose.
Bryan

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I queried and got no response, as I recall.

quovadis

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if I might bump this thread to ask if anyone has any personal experience with/of this agency?

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I queried him earlier today and just got this reply:

I wish I could ask to see this, but I am so overwhelmed with work that I can't take on any new projects at the moment. Many thanks, though.

So I'm wondering if I should query one of his associates who handles similar genres????