The Absolute Write Blogroll

Empress_Isis

Jenna Cosgrove
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.popeighties.com
Heya, I'm just trying to swap the blogroll over from the scrolling to the plain style, but the code isn't working for me. I'm not sure if it's not copying over properly or what the problem is! Is anyone else using the plain style, and has anyone else had any problems with it?

Empress_Isis

Jenna Cosgrove
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.popeighties.com
What's the URL of your blog?

The code should just work if it's pasted straight in.

Mine is www.jennacosgrove.com. The scrolling roll still works fine, but I am getting feedback that my site takes too long to load so I wanted to try the plain one to see if that helps things at all. I just comes up blank when I paste it in :( Probably has something to do with my site, not the code!

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Benjamin,
I am suggesting basically Six adjustments:
1. Linking to all the blogs directly instead of going through Blogrolling.com.
2. A commitment from all the bloggers that they would update at least once a week or even once a month.
3. None of the bloggers would put any Text Link Ads or Pay Per Post kind of advertisement programs in their blog (Google hates this kind of thing).
4. We give the network a name: Absolute Write Blog Network (It is optional and even if we don’t do it we will not lose anything). We can even create a new logo for the network and display in every blog. I am again saying that it is optional. It will just give us a brand presence.
5. Make a separate Sitemeter for the network and put in every blog (where possible) so that we can show off our combined traffic power. It will be along with your current stat counter for the blog.
6. We do not accept any new blog unless she/he is in Absolute Write Forum for at least 6 months or 1 year. This is an optional rule too. I am just suggesting it to prevent any spammer who would try to take advantage of our network.

If we can implement these changes then we overnight become part of a blog network. It will help our blogs in several ways:
1. It will make our blogs stronger to search Engines like Google. So, traffic will increase some depending on your effort.
2. We become something like a mini About.com or Examiner.com or B5media Network.
3. It may bring us some extra media coverage.

Well, I don’t think that it would bring us extra money in the short term. On the other hand, implementing these changes would not require that much of time either.
All of us would have full (100%) authority on our blogs. If you are making money with any advertising program now, you can continue to do so without any problem.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I like the ideas, in a general sense.

The problems I foresee is actually not having everyone update their blogs regularly.

If there was a way to maintain the list of links outside of blogrolling.com, that would make it much easier.

But I like the idea. And I like a related idea, which is like a blog aggregator where all of our posts collectively get put in a feed on a website.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
I like the ideas, in a general sense.

The problems I foresee is actually not having everyone update their blogs regularly.

If there was a way to maintain the list of links outside of blogrolling.com, that would make it much easier.

But I like the idea. And I like a related idea, which is like a blog aggregator where all of our posts collectively get put in a feed on a website.

Updating even once a month is ok because some of us do update our blogs almost daily. In large blog networks, often some blogs are retired and are not updated anymore. So, it should not be a big problem.
For linking directly, we just need to make the html code manually and it is not difficult. If we update the links of new blogs on a monthly basis then it won’t be time consuming either. We just need some passionate bloggers.
Blog aggregator is a great idea.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
You've been added Forbidden Snowflake.

What I mean by creating something outside of blogrolling.com is to see if we can maintain a list or page of links as one html or javascript file and everyone inserts code that displays those links - so the list only has to be updated in one place.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Hello. I've got a wordpress.com blog and would like to join, so I did a little fiddling. Until you get a regular site set up for us "wordies", will my jerry-riggin do?

Blog link is in my siggy.