The Absolute Write Blogroll

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I've looked at help files for Wordpress.com blogs and I found an FAQ that said they can't support Javascript type code in their sidebars so not sure any external blogroll will work.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Due to the woeful performance of my custom domain, I've changed my blog's address back to a Blogspot one.

It's now www.editinghat.blogspot.com

Could you adjust my blogroll link please, Bsolah?

susangpyp

Registered
Reaction score
is there a non-Java script version of the AW blogroll for Wordpress.com blogs? They don't allow javascript. Thanks!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
This may seem an bass-ackwards way of getting onto the AW blogroll for all Wordpress.com users, but you could just include the entire blogroll before each and every post (inserted as links).

Ridiculous it may be, but I can't figure a way around the inherent problem of not having Java support. I've tried attacking the problem numerous ways, but there is no easy 'fix' unless Wordpress adds extra functionality.

ETA: There is a way to get the list of blogs up, but it requires manually inserting the links. Open up Appearance > Widgets and drop a text box into the sidebar. Fill out the names of the blogs on the list (which I expect will be around - somewhere) and save changes.

You'll need to manually insert new blogs as they are added, and remove old blogs as they are taken off the list, but it is the only way I can see the problem being fixed.

Awaiting confirmation that Wordpress users will be allowed to implement this to get themselves onto the blogroll.

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
alcoholicnightterror, your blog's been added. Apologies for the delay.

Adzmodeus, your blog URL's been updated.

As for wordpress blogs, no, there's no code that doesn't use Javascript. But sure, if people want to go to the lengths BigWords described, I'll be more than happy to add people to the blogroll.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Much appreciated!!! :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I've stabilized the ever-changing information in the ad-hoc blogroll I've put up, and at the bottom of the box-out there is a link to a bunch of other blogs which I've had a look at. I'm including pretty much everything, but making sure to add notes on the ones which are on hiatus or abandoned.

Yes, I am looking at everyone's blogs. It'll take me forever to add them all...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
bsolah, I'm not sure it's appropriate to announce here, but I reactivated my own long-dormant blog "The Rumor Mill" this morning. You can find it at http://fotsblog.blogspot.com/

I hope to add your suggested html script to the blog tomorrow sometime although things might be a bit too busy (have a houseguest coming in for the 4th from California tomorrow afternoon), but I'll get it in there somehow.

This blog's been dead for 4-1/2 years, but since I often need something to do at 0300 when I'm usually awake these days I figured "Why not?" and was actually rather surprised it was still there at all.

Anyway, I mention AW in the most recent post and hope to update this one regularly from now on.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
It didn't seem to work Greg...

You need to add it in the sidebar section...I haven't edited a template on Blogger in a long time so perhaps others can help.