mljoshua

Still learning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
myinspirationalsayings.blogspot.com
Add Me as well please.

This ordinary life - A Latter-day Christian Perspective

I have tried adding both codes several times and it does not seem to work. Well, the one does, but it has an empty box with links :$ notice everyone else uses blogspot lol..

Wordpress.com doesn't allow user posted scripts to run - unless you're hosting the blog on your own site. Blogspot does allow them... found that out when I was running one on wordpress. I went back to blogspot.

SeattleGhostWriter

Obsessive is just a less complimentary term for "d
Registered
Reaction score
Website
reasoningwiththecritics.wordpress.com
Wordpress.com doesn't allow user posted scripts to run - unless you're hosting the blog on your own site. Blogspot does allow them... found that out when I was running one on wordpress. I went back to blogspot.

Well, I guess I will slowly add people's blogs to my wordpress blogroll lol.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I've got the box now, with 'AW bloggers unite' header, but there's nothing inside it. What did I do wrong?

Shara

I've looked at help files for Wordpress.com blogs and I found an FAQ that said they can't support Javascript type code in their sidebars so not sure any external blogroll will work.

This may seem an bass-ackwards way of getting onto the AW blogroll for all Wordpress.com users, but you could just include the entire blogroll before each and every post (inserted as links).

Ridiculous it may be, but I can't figure a way around the inherent problem of not having Java support. I've tried attacking the problem numerous ways, but there is no easy 'fix' unless Wordpress adds extra functionality.

ETA: There is a way to get the list of blogs up, but it requires manually inserting the links. Open up Appearance > Widgets and drop a text box into the sidebar. Fill out the names of the blogs on the list (which I expect will be around - somewhere) and save changes.

You'll need to manually insert new blogs as they are added, and remove old blogs as they are taken off the list, but it is the only way I can see the problem being fixed.

Awaiting confirmation that Wordpress users will be allowed to implement this to get themselves onto the blogroll.

I have added the Absolute Write Blogroll scroll to my blog, but as I'm using Word Press, I have nothing but a empty grey box and some hotlinks to Absolute Write.

This is frustrating. I'd like to be part of the blogroll, but it seems we Word Press users are fated to be left out of the fun.