The Absolute Write Blogroll

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Shara, if you go into Appearance, then Widgets and add the Text widget and paste the html in, that should work.

Hmm, I've got the box now, with 'AW bloggers unite' header, but there's nothing inside it. What did I do wrong?

Shara

D7ana

Registered
Reaction score
Blogroll Eligibility Query

Wow, I'd like to join the Blogroll.

However, my blog is about doll and action figure collecting. I will probably include posts about writing fan fiction - creating doll worlds and doll characters - but the focus is on buying, finding, responses to, etc. dolls and action figures. Would I need to start a writing-specific blog to participate in Blogroll?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

D7ana

Registered
Reaction score
Copied and Pasted the HTML into PhillyCollector

Hey D7ana, your blog doesn't need to be about writing to join.

My blog is mostly politics, and other bloggers blog on a variety of topics.

Thanks, Benjamin! :D

Okay, I've got the scrolling BlogRoll list on my site, but I don't see my name or blog title. I'll check back tomorrow ... guess there needs to be turnaround time.

I'm pleased by the thought of more traffic coming to my site AND links to other writer's blogs.

D7ana

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Hi D7ana, I've just added your blogroll now. I have a policy of only adding people's links once the code is up on their own site.

Just two things:
Is there a shorter title your site could go by?

And, is it possible to move the blogroll up higher because you have to scroll down a long way to get to it?

D7ana

Registered
Reaction score
BlogRoll Site Name and Location on My Blog

Hi D7ana, I've just added your blogroll now. I have a policy of only adding people's links once the code is up on their own site.

Just two things:
Is there a shorter title your site could go by?

And, is it possible to move the blogroll up higher because you have to scroll down a long way to get to it?

I see me, I see me! Thanks, Benjamin!

My site could go by "PhillyCollector" - that would suffice. I moved the BlogRoll up to under "About Me."

Thanks,

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I've added the blogroll thingy to my main blog, and it's working fine: although it is a bit of a way down the page on the right (I have to keep all that other stuff above it so that my blog still sounds all serious and informative...). Could you add my main blog to the list, please? Here's a link.

http://howpublishingreallyworks.blogspot.com/

Thank you!

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Thanks guys for adding the blogroll. I've add you all and we have some really good blogs so I might have to go through and have a read and comment of some of them (when I have more time!)

I've added the blogroll thingy to my main blog, and it's working fine: although it is a bit of a way down the page on the right (I have to keep all that other stuff above it so that my blog still sounds all serious and informative...). Could you add my main blog to the list, please? Here's a link.

http://howpublishingreallyworks.blogspot.com/

Thank you!

I added you, but it would be nice if you considered moving it up. I don't think it takes away from the seriousness of your blog and it's only fair to the other people on the list that have given up serious real estate on their blog to have it higher up.

Added rolling scrolling blog thingie to my blog.

http://livingthroughfairytales.blogspot.com

Hey, added you too, but it's in the footer. Are you able to add it to the sidebar?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
*waves*

I added the scrolling blogroll to my Wordpress blog, but so far there's just an empty box with the AW Bloggers Unite link top & bottom. What did I do wrong? :(

http://amybai.wordpress.com

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
*waves*

I added the scrolling blogroll to my Wordpress blog, but so far there's just an empty box with the AW Bloggers Unite link top & bottom. What did I do wrong? :(

http://amybai.wordpress.com

I got this too, and my blog is also on Wordpress. Is there something that we Wordpress people have to do that blogspot people don't have to?

Shara

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Sunna, Shara: That's weird about the wordpres blogs but I can't see the code in yours at all Shara. I'm sure there are other wordpress.com blogs in the roll already and they worked fine...maybe those guys can help you out.

Busy91, will look at your blog in the afternoon when blogspot blocks get unblocked from the work network.