AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [PR Firm] The B&B Media Group, Inc. / The Barnabas Agency

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[PR Firm] The B&B Media Group, Inc. / The Barnabas Agency

Anyone have any advice/info on Author Publicity Firms? I just had my book published and contacted B&B Media and Phenix Publicity. They both replied back with beng interested in working with me.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    There's a thread on Phenix & Phenix. Since we try to keep it to one company per thread, I've re-titled this one B&B Media.

- Victoria

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link for B&B: http://tbbmedia.com/newsite/default.asp

ETA: Ed, I've moved your other post to the Phenix thread.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 03-08-2009 at 07:57 AM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Book Publicity Firm

I am a newly published author by Oak Tara Press. They are a very small company that publishes Christian Fiction. They can be found on the web at OAK TARA. They are a tradtional publisher..

I am talking this afternoon to B&B Media about publicity representation. I need some input/advice on companies like this. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Arrington View Post
    I am a newly published author by Oak Tara Press. They are a very small company that publishes Christian Fiction. They can be found on the web at OAK TARA. They are a tradtional publisher..

I am talking this afternoon to B&B Media about publicity representation. I need some input/advice on companies like this. Can anyone help?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional" publisher. Regardless, OakTara (one word) states plainly on their site they are POD and focus on online sales. What do you expect a publicist to do for you that you can't do for yourself? Have you bought any books as a result of a B&B campaign? Has anyone you know?
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Just a general question, because I'm genuinely curious, but is there ever a situation where it's a good move/idea for an author to hire a PR firm? Other than perhaps self-publishing, depending on how much cash you have to burn.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Begin by calculating the sales volume needed to cover the cost of the publicist. With true self publishing, hiring a professional publicist is part of the package, along with designer, printer, and wholesaler. Commercial authors sometimes hire publicists to supplement their publishers' marketing efforts, but the publisher is of course able to supply any demand generated. It just doesn't make sense in POD situations.
    ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Lou0403's Avatar

Barnabas Agency

Has anyone ever heard anything about The Barnabas Agency (division of B&B Media Group). I was interested in them because they were located in Texas. I sent a query and they sent a response within a week asking to see a proposal. Vicki Andrews is the person that contacted me.

Adding link for Barnabas Agency: http://www.barnabasagency.com/
    ICAO
    ---------

I've previously looked over there website. However, it really does not going into the literary aspect very well.

Their focus is publicity. That said, Ms. Jacobson does have a few sales to her name, including "very nice" and "major" deals.
    ICAO
    ---------

Smile

Her assistant is the one that emailed me about submitting my proposal. Glad to hear, its a good thing

Updating link: http://www.tbbmedia.com/, which barnabasagency.com now redirects to as well.
    ICAO
    ---------