• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Jia-Xi Books Co. Ltd.

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings:

I have a friend who has been in touch with Gray Tan of Jia-Xi Books here in Taiwan; he is considering working with this agent regarding a semi-biographical piece of fiction.
The agency has an impressive website, and both Gray Tan and Jia-Xi are listed on P&E -- but with only the following info:
Jia-Xi Books Co., Ltd.: a literary agency in Taiwan. Specializes in licensing European titles for Chinese rights.

Does anybody have any additional information on this agency or agent? Recent sales? Sub-agency status?

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
He represents me, so I can probably be of some help.

This page probably has the best information on it:

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Grayhawk/
Thanks for replying.

Your post didn't include any ranting and raving, so may I safely assume that you are pleased with his representation?

May I ask you what genre you write in, and if Mr. Tan has arranged for your work to be published in Asia and/or the US?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Sorry for the short reply. I was at work at the time.

He's representing the foreign rights to my already-published fantasy novel. He hasn't sold it yet, but he's really pleasant to work with. I do personally know an author who had his rights sold by him. Mr. Tan is pretty well-known in the Chinese-language literary world from what I can tell. He attends all the major conferences and book fairs around the world.

He personally translated the Chinese language version of George R. R. Martin's Storm of Sword series (as well as many other books), and he also represents some pretty big names. The coagency deals are mostly with well-respected US firms.