Get it Together, Obama

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, can we merge all these anti-Obama threads into one big thread? There's nothing new here. Just more bitching and moaning. It's getting a little old. Well, it's not so bad if it were all within just one thread. But like everyday we get three new one all from the same handful of people. We get it, you think he is an idiot. You can reassure us of that in the same thread everyday instead of cluttering the hell out of this forum with this crap.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, can we merge all these anti-Obama threads into one big thread? There's nothing new here. Just more bitching and moaning. It's getting a little old. Well, it's not so bad if it were all within just one thread. But like everyday we get three new one all from the same handful of people. We get it, you think he is an idiot. You can reassure us of that in the same thread everyday instead of cluttering the hell out of this forum with this crap.

Good idea. We'll store them next to the Palin thread.

Oh. Wait....

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Well, each thread addresses an independent action. Perhaps he could slow down the screwups to one per day so we don't have such a glut of things to talk about.

Fullback

Banned
Reaction score
Don't look at us with that tone of voice, young man. If you continue in this tone, we're going to have to use pepperspray then taser you. Twice. :)

Politicians are fair game and no amount of ridicule heaped on them compares to the huge, steaming piles of horse crap they heap on people.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com

I agree. The only answer for anyone who's not in "the same handful" is to stay out all together. It's like only getting reception for one radio station, and all it does is play Rush 24-7. Takes the fun out of it.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
this is a politics forum. obama is at the top of the heap in terms of the american political scene. and, as don pointed out, each thread uses as a jumping off point a distinct issue or event.

so quit your crying and just skip threads if you're not interested in them.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
this is a politics forum. obama is at the top of the heap in terms of the american political scene. and, as don pointed out, each thread uses as a jumping off point a distinct issue or event.

so quit you're crying and just skip threads if you're not interested in them.
But...the defenses of Obama could all go in one thread, no? They don't change.

Like Obama.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com

so quit you're crying and just skip threads if you're not interested in them.

You're right, I should just skip the thread. I'm better at doing that than I used to be, but sometimes I still get suckered in.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
that's a tall order.

of course, instead of posting how unfair and mean and disruptive people are being by not kissing obama's ass, perhaps you could add to the substance of the thread and give your opinion on obama's inability or unwillingness to fill out his treasury brass at a time of major economic crisis.

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
of course, instead of posting how unfair and mean and disruptive people are being by not kissing obama's ass, perhaps you could add to the substance of the thread and give your opinion on obama's inability or unwillingness to fill out his treasury brass at a time of major economic crisis.

Hey, I got no issue with the fact that you rag on Obama (who really cares?). Just kind of tired of seeing a new thread about it everyday.

Especially when in other forums, threads even remotely on the same topic get merged. I can think of two examples off the top of my head.

One was today in Office Party (the lunch thread). The other was an American Idol thread that was started for the new season that was actually merged with the one from last season that was like on page 10.

It's kind of inconsistent to let 4 threads on Obama stay on the first page of this forum. And that's all I have to say about that.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Historically it has taken all the modern Presidents ages to fill all the top slots. In fact, there was a big stink back in '93 over how long Clinton took.

Jesus, people. Have some perspective.

can you think of a single instance in modern history where a lawmaker of the president's own party publicly expressed frustration because he couldn't get someone from a key department to answer key questions about a key crisis?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Hey, I got no issue with the fact that you rag on Obama (who really cares?). Just kind of tired of seeing a new thread about it everyday.

Especially when in other forums, threads even remotely on the same topic get merged. I can think of two examples off the top of my head.

One was today in Office Party (the lunch thread). The other was an American Idol thread that was started for the new season that was actually merged with the one from last season that was like on page 10.

It's kind of inconsistent to let 4 threads on Obama stay on the first page of this forum. And that's all I have to say about that.

PM the mods. maybe they'll see it your way.

the politics forum has typically been able to sustain (quite nicely) multiple threads about particular political figures (esp POTUS) when they deal with distinct issues related to that figure. exceptions to this are typically limited to generalized issues (abortion, death penalty, etc) or direct dupes.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I seem to recollect a day in the not so distant past where there were no fewer than seven threads on the front page with Palin's name on them.

But that was okay and permissible, of course.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to recollect a day in the not so distant past where there were no fewer than seven threads on the front page with Palin's name on them.

But that was okay and permissible, of course.

So we should justify current mistakes by the mistakes that were made in the past?

Mr. Chuckletrousers

Sith happens.
Registered
Reaction score
can you think of a single instance in modern history where a lawmaker of the president's own party publicly expressed frustration because he couldn't get someone from a key department to answer key questions about a key crisis?
Link: GOP lawmakers express frustration at Bush Administration over financial crisis:
The Republican National Committee issued a statement criticizing Reid for his remarks but GOP party leaders similarly expressed frustration today with the administration and Treasury over information sharing.

“It’s time for them to share a whole lot more information with Congress on what they’re doing, how they’re doing it, and what they’ll do in the future” House Minority Whip Roy Blunt of Missouri told reporters today, noting that the rank and file “don’t understand the coherent strategy if there is one.”

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net

incidentally, i went back and looked and there's nothing even approaching a new thread every day that is specifically started as a criticism of obama.

prove me wrong.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I know mscelina already may have called it, but yes, seriously, it has only been a month. Give the guy a little break, just a tiny one. We all want this mess fixed, and it is insane that it has been taking so long to get the department staffed, but given the situation, it seems rather difficult.

The 'only been a month' excuse is wearing really thin.

Obama was elected back in November, they should have started filling staff then, so the line 'it's only been a month' is really not true.

It's been over three months.

Now it seems to me that if Obama and his crew can't even get people into jobs which are just sitting there, vacant, then how in the hell is he gonna do getting people into new jobs?

It ain't lookin' good.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu

The RNC criticized Senator Reid for comments he made. While he was making those comments, there were people working at the Treasury Department.
“We’re going to have to figure out how to do it. You could ask [Federal Reserve Chairman Ben] Bernanke, you could ask [Treasury Secretary Henry] Paulson. They don’t know what to do, but they’re trying to come up with ideas,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada told reporters today when asked about what vehicles Congress may use to address the financial crisis.

See? They were THERE. They were available to talk to Congress. The frustration was over their lack of sharing information. The two situations are not comparable in the slightest--mostly because the Treasury at least had employees. Bad ones, perhaps, but they were there.