• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Oceanview Publishing

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
There are more than enough small 'real' epublishers with whom one can publish a novelette tomorrow, and thus qualify to submit to oceanview.
Carina, Momentum, Alibi, Musa, Bloodbound, Wild Child, Uncial, Solstice, Musitup, Worldcastle, Rogue Phoenix Press - with all these a short thriller or mystery could happen, fast too. In fact - publish three 15K stories with three publishers, and you'll seem like a veteran. Everyone of the unagented crowd will view you a little less like yet another crank with a 'book concept' and a little more like someone who knows what he/she's talking about. IME

Last edited:

DennisB

Banned
Reaction score
Glad Liosse caught the contrad... okay, irony.

But I've seen several of these as I continue to strive for an agent or publisher. Right now I'm looking at 2013 Writers Market, and on one page are two listings that state "Submit work through a literary agent," followed by something like "a literary agent is not required for submission." Okay, which is it?

Serious question for you published folks: Should a person go ahead and email a query, given that there's no cost involved?

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Glad Liosse caught the contrad... okay, irony.

But I've seen several of these as I continue to strive for an agent or publisher. Right now I'm looking at 2013 Writers Market, and on one page are two listings that state "Submit work through a literary agent," followed by something like "a literary agent is not required for submission." Okay, which is it?

Serious question for you published folks: Should a person go ahead and email a query, given that there's no cost involved?

You can always ask first. Put "Submission question" in the subject. These typically get answered very quickly.

Re-modernist

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Well, make the best of the situation? Lots of links in the better-selling books to the Brain Lag dud, making it sell more in spite of the publisher? Anyway, glad your other books are working out well, onward and upward.