I'm sooo glad we bailed out the auto companies...

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with these 'bailouts' is that the same stupid idiots who ran the companies in the ground are still in charge to run them right back into the ground.

The idiots at GM closed Oldsmobile back in, what 2005, when Olds had the best selling cars in three categories, the Alero, Intrigue, and Aurora. They kept the dog which is Buick because it was a flagship brand.

A flagship brand with crap designs no one wanted.

Now they're still keeping Buick, oh, and Hummer, too.

These were the same brilliant minds who canned the EV-1 because electric cars 'aren't feasible'. Ha, tell that to Tesla motors, they have sales into October already.

These companies need to go into bankruptcy to weed out good from bad. Other companies, like Tesla, have a chance to succeed if these dinosaurs aren't bailed out. Otherwise, the new auto companies which might just do great will get buried because there's no even playing field.

No bailouts of companies. It's stupid.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The problem with these 'bailouts' is that the same stupid idiots who ran the companies in the ground are still in charge to run them right back into the ground.

The idiots at GM closed Oldsmobile back in, what 2005, when Olds had the best selling cars in three categories, the Alero, Intrigue, and Aurora. They kept the dog which is Buick because it was a flagship brand.

A flagship brand with crap designs no one wanted.

Now they're still keeping Buick, oh, and Hummer, too.

These were the same brilliant minds who canned the EV-1 because electric cars 'aren't feasible'. Ha, tell that to Tesla motors, they have sales into October already.

These companies need to go into bankruptcy to weed out good from bad. Other companies, like Tesla, have a chance to succeed if these dinosaurs aren't bailed out. Otherwise, the new auto companies which might just do great will get buried because there's no even playing field.

No bailouts of companies. It's stupid.

Amen, Joe. In my humble observation, the irony of capitalism is that its purest heart is "conservative" in modern day venacular. . . . and that conservative heart is Darwinian - not , despite so many that would claim it to be otherwise, based in altruism or faith of some nature.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, BoP, it sure is nice to see ya posting again.

Why thank you Joe. Should I say that the irresistable corner of a gentleman's heart, is his, well, gentleman's heart. And God knows, like Blanche, I have always relied on the kindness of strangers. . .and familiar faces and avatars alike, like yours . . . , Very kind of you, Joe.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, can the sentimentality and go open up an old-fashioned can of whup-ass on someone.

Thanks, though. Now go get 'em.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I feel. I don't care how big you are, if you cannot maintain your own company it should be done through private or public means, either bankrupcy, selling, merging, restructuring, or flat out collapsing. What does the government have anything to do with business?

They need to step back into their place. I'm not saying they should do nothing, but it's not their job nor their place to prop up companies, because they can't do it for everyone. How many small businesses have gone under and do go under every year. It's what, 80% or more? How many handouts come? Oh, zero.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
What does the government have anything to do with business?

Because of the union. That's why Biden had a closed-door meeting with union officials a couple days ago. Votes, lots and lots of votes.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Blech. I said before, "let 'em fail". It was worthless trying to keep a business alive that's outlived it's usefulness. Why continue to support companies that are busy making a product no one will buy because no one can afford them?

I know we didn't need to lose the jobs, but it's evolution, man. Adapt or die. The auto industry refused to adapt, and we put it on life support. Stupid. I NEVER agreed with that bailout.