Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yikes.

The sad conclusion: you would've missed your Jewish friends, but you would've done nothing about it. Seriously. But rest assured, you would've forgiven yourself eventually.

It said I was nice person at the beginning of the shredding.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 8% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 38% blindly patriotic

The Expatriate
Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Fooie.

The sad conclusion: you would've missed your Jewish friends, but you would've done nothing about it. Seriously. But rest assured, you would've forgiven yourself eventually.

This is why i'm so paranoid, people!

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Mine said Expatriate

If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

And 36% brainwashworthy, whatever that means. It's probably an overly sensitive instrument for oppositionality and wiseass tendencies.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I am classified as "The Everyday German."

The Everyday German

Achtung! You are 54% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 33% blindly patriotic

Had you lived in Germany in the 1930s, you'd have probably just gone along with the flow. Men with guns are surrounding the house next door? The bagel place on the corner's gone? Hmm...whatever.

The data show you're a decent person who's willing to listen to what people of authority tell you. That's what most people are, and in most times and most places, that's ok. But not then; not there.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
To be fair, this is nothing I didn't already know.

Yeah, Facism can happen anywhere.

Even...IN YOUR VERY HOME!

<points finger right at the camera>

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Compared to other takers
14/100 You scored 23% on brainwashworthy, higher than 14% of your peers. 32/100 You scored 27% on antitolerant, higher than 32% of your peers. 7/100 You scored 14% on patriotic, higher than 7% of your peers.

Your result for The Would You Have Been a Nazi Test ...

The Expatriate
Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 27% antitolerant, and 14% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also an expatriate and would've left Germany in the '30s. More than likely, though, I would've been wearing brown shirts during that time and kicking ass every chance I had.

Those tests are meaningless if you know enough about history to choose the correct answers to distance yourself from failed causes.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 23% antitolerant, and 52% blindly patriotic
[SIZE=+1]Welcome to the Resistance (Der Widerstand)![/SIZE] You believe in freedom, justice, equality, and your country, and you can't be converted to the the dark side.

Breakdown: your Blind Patriotism levels are borderline unhealthy, but you show such a love of people from everywhere and a natural resistance to brainwashing, you would probably focus your energy to fight the Fuehrer with furor, so to speak.
Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would have taken up ARMS against the oppressors. Or even your friends' oppressors. Congratulations!

Less than 5% of all test takers earn a spot in the Resistance!
The questions were slanted, in practically every case. One of the important things when designing a survey is to determine ahead of time how you want to slant your questions, so that you can get the results that you wish.

Last edited:

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also an expatriate and would've left Germany in the '30s. More than likely, though, I would've been wearing brown shirts during that time and kicking ass every chance I had.

Naturally -- if you must live in a police state, be a policeman!

sulong

It's a matter of what is.
Registered
Reaction score
Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 18% antitolerant, and 10% blindly patriotic

The Expatriate

Yup, thats me. The SS would never of had a chance to get their claws on me.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Achtung! You are 0% brainwashworthy, 27% antitolerant, and 29% blindly patriotic

Get that, kiddos?

Zero. Percent. Brainwashworthy.

I feel vindicated.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I immediately thought when I read the 'swayed by a powerful speaker' question that it would be tied into one's ability to be brainwashed. I have a feeling, however, that my current state of disgust with the American government colored my responses to politicians harder than I normally would have answered.

Interestingly enough, my French grandfather was a member of the resistance movement and died for it. I've often wondered if I had the same moral fiber that he must have had in order to take such a stance. Apparently, I would have been smart enough to flee Germany at the onset--and probably would have gone to France, where I would have been shot and killed. At least, that's the way I look at it.

It's almost impossible to take a quiz like this with any sort of realistic results. Knowing what we now know, it'd be pretty hard to not know how to answer the questions. Working from that premise, I took the quiz again, allowing my patriotic feelings for my country to supersede my current level of disgust and discover that I would have been a Nazi General. I changed my answers on the 'would you die for your country" and 'would you serve your country questions" and then got this:

The Resistance
Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 36% antitolerant, and 43% blindly patriotic

Welcome to the Resistance (Der Widerstand)! You believe in freedom, justice, equality, and your country, and you can't be converted to the the dark side.

Breakdown: your Blind Patriotism levels are borderline unhealthy, but you show such a love of people from everywhere and a natural resistance to brainwashing, you would probably focus your energy to fight the Fuehrer with furor, so to speak.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would have taken up ARMS against the oppressors. Or even your friends' oppressors. Congratulations!

So I'd say that the slant in this quiz is rather extreme.

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I'm in the Resistance. But apparently not caring about it enough to pay attention to the percentage breakdown. It said I would fight the power. (Which is a little bit funny, considering the other conversations I've been in today.)

:)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!

Your result for The Would You Have Been a Nazi Test ...
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 38% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 14% blindly patriotic

The Expatriate

1589906613262667319.jpeg

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I took the test and 5 minutes ago some brown shirted thug knocked on my door and told me I was inducted into the resistence.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also would have been in the Resistance, despite my borderline unhealthy patriotism.

And yeah, pretty slanted questions, imo.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Welcome to the Resistance (Der Widerstand)! You believe in freedom, justice, equality, and your country, and you can't be converted to the the dark side.

I'm not a Nazi! Neener neener!

We had an expatriate as a good friend of our family. His daughter and grandchildren live here now. He got his Mom, wife and whole family out, and there was nothing less than impressive about what they went through. They were very brave.

Last edited: