Status
Not open for further replies.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
I got the idea for this thread from a word maestro posted = fugly! In some sentence like 'Boy, Arizona's fugly'. I myself d'eveloped the word 'shoefic' = shoe fiction. A new genre? I don't know. I like shoes etc. Anyway, any of you know more such words - existing ones or new ones.

Mark the new words in red = it saves time when browsing the thread. We all can learn this zeee new New Speak! No?

fugly - 'Boy, Arizona's fugly'
shoefic - 'I'm working on a new way-off shoefic setting for some poem'

as

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm game. ;)

How about this one..my new favorite word...:

Sheeple. (shee pull) n. Sheep + People.

1) Any group of people who has given up indepenant thought in favor of spoon-fed dogma.

2) Someone who considers questioning anything is wrong.

3) Any group of people who follow a popular trend, just because everyone else they know is doing it.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
summary

Ok, I'll do the summary every now and again. Sames time copying etc.

Mark the new words in red = it saves time when browsing the thread. We all can learn this zeee new New Speak! No?

Sheeple. (shee pull) n. Sheep + People.
1) Any group of people who has given up indepenant thought in favor of spoon-fed dogma.
3) Any group of people who follow a popular trend, just because everyone else they know is doing it.

What about weeple = we + people; a kind of ussy us ... 'There comes that couple weeple-ing again! Oh stupid!'

Then there is that 'Johnny and Marina' thing. Its in here but I can't explain it. Rather a complicaterd thought process to go with it!

as

Last edited:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I always enjoyed the word FUBAR but it has been around for a while. I don't want to write out what the first two words are but the last three are: Beyond All Recognition.

edit to add- this isn't exactly a word formed from two other words, it's an acronym I suppose.

Last edited:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
lol, good one maestrowork :)

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
list so far

sheeple. (shee pull) n. Sheep + People.
weeple = we + people; a
kind of ussy us ... 'There comes that couple weeple-ing again!'

FUBAR = last three are: Beyond All Recognition.
Shappens = ?
Johnny and Marina = a couple that think they are hot.
NAFI = Np ambition and f interest. (Bad army word and banned from army as it puts on to anarchism)

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
How about:

craptastic= something crappy beyond all recognition

and an old one:

SNAFU=Situation Normal All F'ed Up (from the US Army, I think?)

Karen

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
smile = cool = like most of my poetry

allion said:
How about:

and an old one:

Karen

tnx allion! I think we will have to make dif category for 'army' words. Craptastic and fugly are really such innovative cool right-on words, aren't they? I wonder if one can invent these all by oneself or do they have to 'grow' from somewhere else?

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Then there's the one my father always liked to use: SEWAG (pronounced see wag)

Acronym for Scientifically Estimated Wild Azzed Guess.

What do you expect? This came from my father, who also left me with such gems as:

"Don't look at me in that tone of voice!"
"I'm gunna get all over that, like Ugly on an Ape!"

Me: "What for?" (after being told to do something)
Dad: "Cat-fur, to make kitten-mittens!"
Me: o_O??

"I'm gunna fox a bart out of you, an' make you whistle like a freight train!"
(usually said when I've frustrated him beyond coherence)*sputtering, and going through the entire list of pets, living, dead, still with us, or elsewhere...* "Dammit! Who are you? And don't lie to me, 'cause I know where you live!"

Dad: "Bananas, 'cause they have no bones"
(This usually comes after I've asked him a question to which he doesn't have an immediate answer)
Me: o_O?? (In case anyone was interested, I walked around with that look on my face throughout most of my teen years)

Dad: "If it takes a hen and a half, a day and a half to lay an egg and a half, how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog-house?"
Me: ...
Dad: "Well?"
Me: "You've been sniffing turpentine, haven't you?"

Dad: "Why does a mouse when it spins?"
Me:
wall_nut.gif
I'm convinced my father was trying to drive me crazy.

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
KTC said:
LOL! You and your shoes!

I love aspier and his love for shoes! I never thought I'd meet a man who loves shoes as much as I do. I'm beginning to think, he loves them more. Lol....;)

Anyway...can't think of any new words for you right now. But I want to let you know, I have the shoe photos ready for you, argo! :Clap:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
fancastic

mmm broad smile ... fancastic! *wink* The shoefic experiment is working and slowly picking up! We soon can use shoefics as currency here, no? A shoe for a shoe? Over at another thread in Office I get some realtime guidance by two pagemaker buffs re the technical aspects of the pages! The only thing is ... I got such a slow brain and worst of all, I am so unfaithfull: you show me a shoe and some foot trying to slip into it and whoops! I'm sold!

A new word? shoe + fiction + feeling = a shoefeeling fic

huh?

tnx nice remark Celeste!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
I'll send you the photos tomorrow, aspier. *wink*

I had a few shots left on the roll in my camara, so I decided to finish it off with a few more 'shoe-fic' photos for you. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own feet in the shoes? My back is killing me! I couldn't get my camara to focus and was twisting all over trying to get different angles. I feel like I've just worked out! Lol.... Only for you, argo! :kiss:

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
happy

Celeste said:
I'll send you the photos tomorrow, aspier. *wink*

I had a few shots left on the roll in my camara, so I decided to finish it off with a few more 'shoe-fic' photos for you. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own feet in the shoes? My back is killing me! I couldn't get my camara to focus and was twisting all over trying to get different angles. I feel like I've just worked out! Lol.... Only for you, argo! :kiss:

oh oh of course I know! need that mirror in your poem smile ... but then again oh mm shhhht! I need big sizes so plse plse don't cut them ok? Happy!

as

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
summary

weeple = we + people; a

Shappens = ?
NAFI = Np ambition and f interest. (Bad army word and banned from army as it puts on to anarchism)

A new word? shoe + fiction + feeling = a shoefeeling fic huh?
fcall = ? ... what can be the meaning of this?
SEWAG (pronounced see wag) = Acronym for Scientifically Estimated Wild Azzed Guess.
thinking = thin king

Last edited:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of the words listed, fugly is my personal favorite. And it's probably the only word on the list older than I am.

There's even a couple of websites devoted to Fugly. For example:
www.fugly.net/gallery.html
Warning: Although I like the word, this site is pretty damned tasteless, and doesn't necessarily represent the opinions of this poster. *salute*

Last edited:

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
I like this new words and here are another two:

- scratchitti - the equivalent of graffiti (plural of graffito), but made on glass/plastic/wood by scratching it.
From the NYC demented subway world, where you can see all sorts of maxims/axioms/declarations everywhere in the car.

Speaking of graffiti:

In a public restroom the following graffiti was detected:

"My mother made me a homosexual"

Below:

"If I give her wool, she'll make me one, too?"

- igmo - Coagulated (ha-ha, totally mine and mine, only :)) abbr for "Ignorant Moron". Heard it when visiting Ol'opry House in Nashville, TN. Not to believe it, but I used it timely and very much in place.

Following in Celeste's footsteps w some funny expressions (which really have to be given a special thread of their own), here are two, quite used in Fla, at least in my place:

""Know what I mean, jelly bean?"

And you answer:

"Yes, tennis shoe!" (aspier, shoe!)

and

"See you later, alligator!"

Next?

Dan

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
update words

aspier said:

weeple = we + people; a

Shappens = ?

A new word? shoe + fiction + feeling = a shoefeeling fic huh?
fcall = ? ... what can be the meaning of this?
SEWAG (pronounced see wag) = Acronym for Scientifically Estimated Wild Azzed Guess.
thinking = thin king
igmo - Coagulated (ha-ha, totally mine and mine, only :)) abbr for "Ignorant Moron". Heard it when visiting Ol'opry House in Nashville, TN. Not to believe it, but I used it timely and very much in place.
scratchitti - the equivalent of graffiti (plural of graffito), but made on glass/plastic/wood by scratching it.
From the NYC demented subway world, where you can see all sorts of maxims/axioms/declarations everywhere in the car.

mm

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
Here's one that's not so nice, or funny, but I've seen way too many examples of, lately: Prostitots

These are little prepubescent children whose parents dress them in sexually revealing clothing (or allow them to dress in said clothing).

I seriously want to walk up to whatever adult is in charge of these children when they're out in public, and smash their faces in.
>.<

And just -WHAT- are the designers THINKING (Or not thinking, actually), by making these clothes!

Oooooooh! *steps down off her soapbox*

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Hope you don't mind me resurecting a thread, but I found a new term that I wana share w you:

dockominium

a derivative of "condominium", obviously, meaning "privately owned dry/wet boat storage space".

Found it today in the newspaper in an ad. Florida, where else?

Dan

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Okay, so I raised it from the dead, so what? It's b/c I wanted to tell you about a new fugly and shoefic word. So, hark and listen, y'all and give heed!

When you're down and under, when all is screwed up, when everything is a total mess, when everything and everyone has gone south and you feel like no, you can't anymore, there's a medicine which wipes it all as if not'n happened.

Scroll,

scroll,

scroll,

it comes,

here it is,

Take FUKITOL! It's cheap, it's generic and you can take it w food, w/o food, in the morning, in the evening, whenever, standing, lying, squatting (remember Fossamax?), sitting, or on your head, yogaing.

Hope it helped!

Dan

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"y'all and give heed!"

Why did I first read this as ...'ya'll give head!'? Sheesh -

Oh, yeah. Don't forget 'Dammitol'; it comes in a liquid - <smile>

Status
Not open for further replies.