"Who's the Boss?" Not YOU, sez Limbaugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look, I don't get most of this conversation (I think it's a pretty reeky dead horse at this point), and I don't agree with a lot of what Nighttimer has said here. That said, your last crack about respecting senior officers? Unless I'm mistaken, neither Nighttimer nor yourself is still on active duty, so unless you mean he should salute every time he posts to you, then I don't know what you're getting at.

I was a Petty Officer Second Class, so maybe I'm being disrespectful for calling you out. You were a Colonel, right? And even if you still are, I'll say again, so what? What does that have to do with a conversation here? I've respected all the officers senior to me. But that doesn't mean I couldn't or wouldn't disagree with them, especially on a message board when I'm no longer on active duty.

That really means nothing here in terms of this discussion. Your military experience doesn't have much if anything to do with it. So why even bring it up unless you want to try to cram your scrambled eggs down someone's throat to make them shut up? Bad form, really.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Here on AW (and in this case, P&CE), respecting your senior officers means being respectful of Mac's and Dawno's (and other respective mods' and supermods') decisions and requests.

The rest of us are just fellow writers, and we should be respectful of each other for that alone.

As for the topic of debate, I think as writers we should be very well aware that words sometimes carry connotations beyond their original and simple meanings, and that context can mean a lot, and in many cases, make all the difference. That is all.

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
Here on AW (and in this case, P&CE), respecting your senior officers means being respectful of Mac's and Dawno's (and other respective mods' and supermods') decisions and requests.

The rest of us are just fellow writers, and we should be respectful of each other for that alone.
And with those wise words, I'm going to lock this one. Perhaps it can get back on track in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.