The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Jill Grosjean Literary Agency

abab

Jill Grosjean Literary Agency

anyone have any knowledge or dealings with jill grosjean literary agency located in N.Y.?

RicMarion
    Abab,

Jill Grosjean seems to be legit. Sent her a e-query which she responded to in short order.

She is listed in Writer's Market - P & E is positive too I believe.

good luck

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

jill grosjean

Abab,
    Let me second the above. I sent some material in to grosjean and got it back in a couple of weeks with one of those kind rejection slips that leave you wishing you'd landed this agent. Matterafact, it was the best return of the limited lot I sent out!
    D. Aascher

abab
    thanks for the info...............abab

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    A webpage, of sorts. Her PM page has some client info.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    A webpage, of sorts. Her PM page has some client info.
    I think the homepage has expired.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Yep, AOL discontinued their Homepage service. I'm not finding any new personal site for her, but she has an AQ page now: http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=383
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

figuring it all out
    I had a somewhat odd experience with Ms. Grosjean that might be of interest. I e-queried her on 9/4/08 and on 9/6 got a request for a full via snail mail. However, she wanted an exclusive. At the time, two other agents were reading my novel on a non-exclusive basis. I asked if she would read non-exclusive. She said no, but asked that I get back to her if or when the other agents passed.

Sadly for me, the other agents passed and 11/21/08 I e-mailed Ms. Grosjean saying I could now give her an exclusive. I politely asked how long she would need (I was not going to submit on an open-ended exclusive basis). She never got back to me. End of story.

practical experience, FTW ChelseaWriter's Avatar

Unhappy *sigh*

Had a frustrating experience with Ms. Grosjean. I'm not trying to be mysterious, but I'd just rather not get into it on the forum. However, if you need to PM me, please feel free.

She's got a good reputation, from what I researched online, so I don't know if my experience with her was just a fluke, or the norm. I hope it's the former...
    Last edited by ChelseaWriter; 06-22-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Author website

The Chilton Crosse Series -- Painting the Moon, Finding the Rainbow, Seeking the Star -- published by Red Adept Publishing, available at all online venues.

practical experience, FTW MysteryScribe's Avatar
    Has anyone been able to find any info on Ms. Grosjean? Her website is no longer up and I'd love to know more about her.

I've also read great feed back on acknowledgement pages from her author's, but any extra info would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by MysteryScribe; 11-28-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo

I was a client of hers back in the early 2000s...she was always professional (not overly warm) and very supportive of my work. I only ended the relationship because after the first six months she seemed to lose interest in selling my book...(was only sending it out to an editor once every two or three months)...but because she keeps such a low profile, I get the feeling she's not trying to gather a ton of clients...just my two cents worth, anyway...

practical experience, FTW
    Hi, has anyone queried Ms Grosjean lately? Any activity at all? Last post was almost 2 years ago! Thanks.

practical experience, FTW

quick rejection

Here's an update.

I received a rejection from the agency about 3 weeks after submitting.

Friendly Neighborhood Mustelidae The Otter's Avatar
    In the room next to the noisy ice machine, for all eternity.
    Received a very pleasant and very fast (next day!) rejection from her. There doesn't seem to be much info on her out there, but in this day and age when so many agents don't respond at all, it's always nice to hear back from someone.