Earth Class Mail/Virtual Mail Services

indiriverflow

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.blues4kali.com
As I am a frequent traveler with no fixed residence, querying via mail has always been a problem. PO Boxes are no help, as mail forwarding is a hassle. I am not in the same place long enough to reliably receive packages on the road, as I plan to be all summer, or in the rural area where I spend the fall.

Using a friend's address is to risk missing the all-important partial or full request.

For these reasons, Earth Class Mail seems to be the perfect solution. The price, $150/year is expensive but affordable to me.

For those who don't know, they give you a five-digit suite at any of several street addresses and PO Boxes around the country. The are priced differently, but the Beaverton, Oregon is not bad.

They claim to receive your mail, scan the outside of up to 35 incoming mail items. As I would only use this in relation to the book, that would be just enough.

Then you select the ones you want them to open and scan for viewing. This is the important feature for me, because it allows me to promptly act on manuscript requests no matter where I am.

I haven't found anything definitive on line. There are positive and negative reviews. Some have warned that they will not forward mail if you cancel. This could be a nightmare.

I have contacted customer service, and the representative is reassuring and helpful. Everything looks good, except that I have been trained to watch out for that.

Anybody have experience with Earth Class Mail or any similar service?

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I take it bythe deafening silence that no one here has. I'm going to port this to the tech forum to see if any of the tech savvy types there have used this.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
This one is a new on me. Sorry.

Not sure about the implications or liabilities of somebody else opening what may be a bill or other financial obligation.

indiriverflow

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.blues4kali.com
This one is a new on me. Sorry.

Not sure about the implications or liabilities of somebody else opening what may be a bill or other financial obligation.

You have to fill out a PO form 1583, authorizing them to open your mail. They claim to have employees who have passed a DOD background check working there. I have seen where some people question that.

I'll be happy if it reliable in receiving mail-the alternative is a friend's house where it may or may not get to me. Strange that no one here uses it; surely others travel and have the mail problem.