Multiple post ideas

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I read the news everyday, and lately there seems to be a score of things I want to post about. My blog is largely political and I try to comment on current affairs and news stories, but it seems there are always multiple issues for me to weigh into on the same day.

I either select one issue and blog about that.

Or, select a couple and blog about them in the one post, sometimes linking the issues up.

Or on rare occasions, post multiple posts. I avoid doing that because my blog doesn't get a lot of traffic so that would mean some posts would be buried without getting much attention.

How do people handle this?

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
What if you did a blurb from each topic and then linked it to the full blog story... so you're readers can get a taste of each topic and decide from there which one they want to read if not all of them...

by linking to the full story you aren't bumping topics and burying them because the little blurbs would take about as much room as a single blog...

Other than that.. I'm not much help.. LOL I blog about whatever tickles my fancy and it's rarely ever topical or pressing.. :D

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
That's an interesting thought. Kind of flowing on from that, I could write all of them in one post, and divide it up into sub headings. So people can pick and choose what issue.

I should also try to keep my posts shorter maybe.

lostgirl

Always Watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisadovichi.com
That's an interesting thought. Kind of flowing on from that, I could write all of them in one post, and divide it up into sub headings. So people can pick and choose what issue.

I should also try to keep my posts shorter maybe.

Yeah if you're writing on multiple subjects in one blog entry you definitely want to make each passage shorter.. nothing is more intimidating to a reader than an entire page of text... then you can fall victim to skimming.. and could be they missed the greatest thought of all time.. their loss naturally for having the audacity to skim.. but you still don't get the recognition for greatness.. :D

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Yeah, I'd hate for people to skim over bits, which is the reason why I try to limit myself to one issue a lot of the time.

I guess if I had more readers and commenters I'd see this as less of an issue because I'd be fine posting something in the morning and then the afternoon, if the morning post got a few comments by the time it came to post the afternoon post.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
That means trying to get more readers and commenters for more than one blog. Sounds like a lot of work.

Though a similar idea would be to guest post on other people's blogs, hence allowing you to comment on more than one issue and generate traffic to your home blog...

Reaction score
Do you use wordpress? Maybe there's a way of creating a 'news items' page, and therein having links to individual blog posts with your thoughts on each news story.

Perhaps even divided up into politics, different countries, what have you...

scarletpeaches, has OCD.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
The organisation sounds tempting. I have OCD too :D

I think I've lined up a guest post for a writing blog. Need to find a politics blog that doesn't find my rants too radical :tongue

felipe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
intribu.org
Absolutely, if you have the time, need or just want to talk about 3 or even more topics the same day, go ahead, if the articles are good, I don't think that your readers will be mad or anything.

Find a way to make them easy to find, you have seen some very good suggestions here already.

Tell us how it goes.