Quote Originally Posted by backslashbaby View Post
Blooming now: roses and roses upon roses Also my weeping lilac, several herbs, and candytuft and nepeta everywhere. The evergreens have new buds. The fruit trees are clean and shiny (past bloom now), and the wine grapes are rooting nicely! Blackberries, blueberries are on the way, and strawberries are already here!

I didn't have time to do seeds, lol. I'm on a wine grape kick at the moment, as if I needed more garden obsession
I need to go to the nursery when it's warm enough and get some "Explorer" variety roses. They're some of the few that will grow up here, with names like Baffin, Henry Hudson, John Cabot, etc. Going to put some by the garage when I get a new bed cleared.

Up in Alberta, you pretty much have to start from seed to get anything to have somewhat mature plants that will stay around all season, since the growing season isn't that long. Unless you want to spend a fortune on the already grown stuff. And this is just a rental, so I couldn't spend tons.

I wasn't prepared last year, but this year I stocked up on trays and seed starter way beforehand! I was determined to have something pretty to look at it in May.

Nasturtiums are so easy to grow it's insane. And yummy in salads. I need to get some rainbow chard like the bird recommended. It will look lovely out there for some color.