Do you want to be a famous bestselling author?

Do you want fans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Who's Sean Hannity when he's at home then?

Phantom

Engaged to Shady :P
Registered
Reaction score
Well, of course I want to be a best selling author and stuff. But not because for money or anything like that. I want to be a best selling author because it means that people like what I write, and that means I've acomplished something. Okay, I admit it, I'd love fans. I'd love for someone to come up to me and say, "Aren't you (insert name here)? Oh, my gosh! I love your books!!!" I'd love to go to Borders the morning my book comes out and see stacks of my book stacked up on on a table at the front of the store, then come back two hours later and see half of it gone. I wouldn't mind someone counting down the days until my next book comes out. But, really, I would mind if I hadn't worked hard for it. If I had stolen it from someone else and published it in my name, I would hate it. Because, really, the only reason I would like this is because I know I worked for it.

Oh, and I totally wouldn't mind if they made it a movie, as long as they don't change it a bunch, 'cause I hate it when they do that, like with Coraline (Omg, that one little boy in it? He is not in the book!!). So yup. I wouldn't mind a best-seller.

Domenic

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t want to be a great writer. I am going to be a great writer. Nothing will stop me…don’t you know that?

Just to make sure I'm understood...I'm going to sell Mel Gibson the movie rights before I get an agent...that will put a stick in their shit.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Wow, after reading this thread I realized just how excesively ambitious I am.

I want my books to still be read 400 years from now. I want literature courses 400 years from now still teaching my works and the impact they had.

Maybe that's why I never like anything I write... I haven't really written anything trascendent yet.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
I want my work to be read whilst I'm still alive to enjoy the rewards of the fruits of my labours. I don't care about it once I'm dead, I won't be getting anything from it :D

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I want to write. I want to write and make a living doing it. Not necessarily rich through writing, but I'd like to have at least one month when I didn't worry about the electric bill.:D

Atari

Registered
Reaction score
You know, yeah.

I want to write a novel someday that gathers for me a huge, devoted fanbase, that invites movie producers to buy the rights to make a movie out of the novel, that has a huge fandom full of badly-written slash-pairing fanfic...

I want people to track pictures of me down so they start recognizing me on the streets. Fans will want me to autograph stuff so they can tattoo my signature on their a**es.

The only form of communication I'll have is through email, and those movie producers I mentioned earlier? They'll email me, wanting to make a movie. They'll offer me a cameo in it. Hell, they'll let me play the MC if I just LET THEM MAKE THIS MOVIE!

But I'll just send 'em off with a response like "I'll get back to you on that," and then send off their email addresses to 4-1-9 scammers.

(Underappreciated conscience note: Because fame is TOTALLY a way to justify passive-aggressive behavior, right.)

Yes.

And my adoring fans will email me saying how much they love me and PLEASE PLEASE REPLY and with links to their fanfiction and art, telling me to read and review it - and sure, I'll take some of the best art and the most (unintentionally) amusing fanfics, and post them up on my blog. Then I will take a picture of myself on webcam of me flipping 'em the bird, holding a sign with the date, time, and "F*** OFF" and send it to their email.

And they will still love me. In fact, they will love me even more. They'll make me into a religion. (Underappreciated conscience note #2: but you'll, ah, discourage them from that, right?)

Yeah. Just like Buddha discouraged followers of Buddhism from worshipping him.

Yes, I am going to go check myself into a mental institution now.

OH! And they'll teach my novel as part of the English curriculum in schools all around the universe. They will overanalyze every little word of my writing. They'll teach in their schools that my character sitting on a sunny beach after living in a dark castle for most of her life symbolizes how people are starving in Honduras, or something completely unrelated like that.

And I'll be like, "yeah. That's exactly what it all means."

When someone gets killed over a novel of mine, I'll plead insanity. After all, look at this post. Anyone could mistake me for a delusional crazy. Even I'm doubting my own sanity.

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
If I get a film deal out of my novels, and it gets my favourite actor to play the part,I want a clause put into it, otherwise they don't get my stories. The clause is; his awful I-wannabe-famous wife doesn't get a part in them, not even as an extra :D

Status
Not open for further replies.