brand new

Levi Coldwater

Registered
Reaction score
hey guys ...
this is my first post here. just signed on the dotted line, so to speak.
i' m an old codger, have just finished my first novel, southern ... literary, but have been scribbling down words for decades now. ... ... in my next career i' m gonna' write full time.
grew up in mississippi ... live in the mountains in western north carolina. ... ... i' m not shy, but try not to make too big a fuss until i at least get the lay of the land; see how you folks do it here. ... ... look forward to getting to know some of you.
levi coldwater

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome to AW, Levi, It probably won't take long to get to know the lay of the land, so to speak, but exploring this place will take a very long time; there's still much I've yet to discover within these walls. Kick back and make yourself at home, I trust you're learning the ins and outs of this place as you learn more about the writing and publishing process. It's nice to have you aboard. Enjoy!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Cooler Levi! Poke around the threads and you'll get to know us probably better than you want to. This place has a great group of writers with lots to teach and learn. We're glad you joined us!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Levi (cool name, btw :D)

just a word of note - might want to undo the bold. I have now conjured up this image of you sitting with one of those old hearing-aid horns placed in your ear saying "eh, speak up sonny!" at the top of your lungs. :D

which is the opposite of what people usually tell me

otherwise, welcome to the asylum.

:welcome:

Levi Coldwater

Registered
Reaction score
THANKS !!!
that is an old habit i got into to seperate my reply from the "send" email ... i' ll keep that in mind.
and, thanks for the welcome. i can tell already that this is a much more active site than the ( political ) site i have been hanging out in.
hope to see you around from time to time.
levi

Greetings, Levi (cool name, btw :D)

just a word of note - might want to undo the bold. I have now conjured up this image of you sitting with one of those old hearing-aid horns placed in your ear saying "eh, speak up sonny!" at the top of your lungs. :D

which is the opposite of what people usually tell me

otherwise, welcome to the asylum.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
hey guys ...
this is my first post here. just signed on the dotted line, so to speak.
i' m an old codger, have just finished my first novel, southern ... literary, . . .
Welcome! One of the best books I have ever read was written when the author was 80. She is now 85 (will turn 86 in May) and speaking today at a Smithsonian Institution museum in D.C. in connection with publication of second edtion of her book, a memoir. Last year I published two dandy novels by a writer who is 80ish.

Good to have you aboard AW!

--Ken

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Levi!

ragefaith

Wants to be Yami when she grows up.
Registered
Reaction score

Good luck with your literary endevours!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

To find out about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff, check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice...

And for fun, we have the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun.

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies? :D

Calixus

OMG! What'd you say then??
Registered
Reaction score
The Smoky Mountains of Tennessee (go Vols!)
Hey! Welcome to the AW cooler! :hi:

We are a friendly bunch and you should be able to find anything you are interested in here. And don’t worry about Jed, the newbie Mod. He looks fierce but he is really a big green softy…well a kinda lumpy softy. It is from all those bruises from pokes with sticks…:e2poke:
Anyway, Welcome and make yourself at home. We tend to party a lot around here, hope you like to dance....

:PartySmil

PS- if you are looking for fun places to start exploring these are my personal favorites:

Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' and Pink Flamingo Emporium

old abandoned air duct

The Looney Bin