Status
Not open for further replies.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
My editor just emailed me and said they were mailing me 60 bookplates to sign and return.

Should I do anything other than just sign my name? You know, like something cheesy. "Thanks for reading, huh-huh-huh." I hate doing that stuff. My penmanship is horrendous, and I feel like a tool anytime I put pen to paper.

However, I'm afraid he's going to take one look at my signature and not know which way to place it in the book. (Yes, it really is that bad. Worse than you think.)

What would you do?

Ella

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sumptuosity.blogspot.com
Not a silly question.
I'm not sure stamping would be the way to go, as the point is to have an original signature.
I agree with giving it a bit of practice, and I think the extra note is a great idea, as it shows a bit of that 'extra' for the reader, instead of just "look, it's me, and I signed it."

You could come up with a happy face, or a short Thank-you, or Welcome, or Enjoy - one word that is barely discernable would work. :)

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Thanks people! I had forgotten where I posted this thread.

I just got the bookplates in the mail, and it turns out there's no room for me to do anything but sign on the line. They're preprinted and numbered, so I worried for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.