• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Macro Edizioni / Gruppo Editoriale Macro

WmHopper

Registered
Reaction score
Man, I love this site. Every time I need an answer on something it seems to magically appear. This time, however, I did not fnd what I was looking for in the archives so I am posting.

I have a successful title that has been around for a while (nonfiction, humor, religions). I was approached via my work email by a group in Italy known as Macro Gruppo Editoriale. http://www.italbooks.com/result_pub.asp?ID=216

They wish to acquire the foreign language rights for Italy, and possibly other countries after an initial run. I have the contract and all seems sound and good. Still, before I sign on the dotted line I wanted to put it out there and see if anyone here has experience with or information about this company.

Anyone?

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Still, before I sign on the dotted line I wanted to put it out there and see if anyone here has experience with or information about this company.

Did they say which of their lines they wanted to publish it with? I had at first some negative associations with Macro Edizioni because I was only familiar with their Verita nascoste line, which is pseudo-science nonsense in the "UFOs built the pyramids" vein, but a look at their website shows they have a lot of more sensible lines as well (including a line called "Collana Self-Help" which I guess shows that not everything's translatable!)

In any case, they're a real publisher and their books turn up in real bookstores.