When you start stealing for your writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I hope nobody involved in that investigation reads my post! I'm not sure whether talking a note pad from a public conference room (That's what they had used) in a public building when the room was no longer in use and the pad was blank with only a few sheets left constitutes crime, but they could probably turn it into one!
They were pretty mad.

ABekah

Registered
Reaction score
Currently? Walks over to check address book...Mar
It wasn't like shoplifting or anything; but I did take a shopping list somebody had left in a Walmart isle, feverishly packing away the little list of secret insight into a family I'd never met. I felt like I was stealing from them, but they obviously don't need it if they've left it carelessly by the spices, right? Is it a problem when looking for material to write about pushes you to kleptomania? Have you ever done anything similar you felt somewhat bad about?

Among the items on the list are whiskey, mom's mash potatoes and yellow mustard mayonnaise. I've got a short story brewing already...

There is a book you might be interested in. The compiler collected grocery lists from all over in a witty book called Milk, Eggs, Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found, by Bill Keaggy.

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
There is a book you might be interested in. The compiler collected grocery lists from all over in a witty book called Milk, Eggs, Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found, by Bill Keaggy.

On my "to buy" list. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.