The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Sparr Literary Agency (formerly Kessler Sparr L.A.) (Babette Sparr)

New kid, be gentle!

The Sparr Literary Agency (formerly Kessler Sparr L.A.) (Babette Sparr)

Hello,

I've had an approach from another writer saying that Babette Sparr is forming her own agency and is looking for clients. I can't find much (next to nothing) online - except for this page

http://www.kraytek.com/literary_agents_-us.htm

which states that she was with Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency - however, looking at the site now, she doesn't appear on it.

Does anyone know anything about Ms Sparr at all? she's not on P&E either.

Thanks

Erastes
    www.erastes.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    She was a subrights agent at Dijkstra (film options, etc.). Nothing yet about her hanging her own shingle, though.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New kid, be gentle!
    Thank you!

her linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/babette-sparr/a/25b/a94
    and
    http://oldhag.blogspot.com/2003_10_2...g_archive.html
    TOTAL GUILTY PLEASURE
    Film rights to Cosmo editor-in-chief Kate White's IF LOOKS COULD KILL and A BODY TO DIE FOR, optioned to Marc Platt Productions ("Legally Blonde") and Touchstone Television, for an ABC drama to be called "Bailey Weggins," by Sandra Dijkstra and Dijkstra's subrights manager Babette Sparr, working with the Lynn Pleshette Agency.

New agency is Kessler Sparr Literary Agency, with Robin Kessler. No website yet.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Goddess of Rationalization Hathor's Avatar
    linkedin now says it is "The Sparr Literary Agency"

I can't tell what genres she handles. It looks like there were some sales back when it was Kessler Sparr.

Hmm. No word on what happened to Kessler.
    ICAO
    ---------

Goddess of Rationalization Hathor's Avatar
    Nope, I couldn't figure that out. There's a linkedin for a Robin Kessler, but it is a different one (long time HR consultant and "career coach").

figuring it all out
    Don't see a website, but this link gives a bit of info on her background and what she's looking for.

http://www.writersconference.com/sd/.../babette-sparr

Some conference activity last year, but I'm not finding any clients or sales after she parted with Kessler. Anyone else?
    ICAO
    ---------

Last call ... only mentions are in conference listings, and those cease early '14. Anyone have recent contact?

ETA: Going by her LinkedIn profile, agency closed in '15.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-14-2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------