Reaction score
Um...I don't think I have a smiley for that. Vandal, :ROFL:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Do I want to know why he's called Pussy Eater?
Well, I remember the vagrants at Borders bookstore rolling dice in the back Science section, or hanging up their wet clothes - yep, they would bring clothespins and a line. Good times. They've moved to the surrounding Starbucks.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
For the most obvious reason. Every time he gets unbanned, he behaves himself for a few weeks. Then, inevitably, usually on a busy Saturday, he stands up in the middle of the library and says, "Man oh man, I sure could go for some pussy right now. Yes, I could. All you ladies up in here, I'm offering. I tell you what, I could eat the hell out of some pussy."

And on and on and on, until the police arrive to remove him. For whatever reason, the librarians only ban him for a month before he gets to come back. Maybe because it is so damned funny?

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe somebody take him up on his offer occasionally. A month later, the urge hits...

Hey, the scenario fits.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
That's freakin hilarious. What does he look like?

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
That's freakin hilarious. What does he look like?

He's just this totally average looking black guy. He's wearing your standard homeless guy outfit--old military jacket, dirty jeans, t-shirt. He's maybe thirty, close-cropped hair. Just a guy. Until he opens his mouth and starts in with the sales pitch.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
It reminds me of when I was in my 20s, and I worked at this coffee bar in the middle of the Santa Cruz bus station. I dealt with many "colorful" characters, including a man old enough to be my grandfather, who looked like he was suffering from emphysema or asthma or both, who knows?

Every day he'd come shuffling up to the bar, wheezing and hacking, order his coffee and invite me to his motel room to play strip poker with him.

Added bonus? I'd get to rub his feet!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
It reminds me of when I was in my 20s, and I worked at this coffee bar in the middle of the Santa Cruz bus station. I dealt with many "colorful" characters, including a man old enough to be my grandfather, who looked like he was suffering from emphysema or asthma or both, who knows?

Every day he'd come shuffling up to the bar, wheezing and hacking, order his coffee and invite me to his motel room to play strip poker with him.

Added bonus? I'd get to rub his feet!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

And Tri, :whip:

UGH. Tomorrow it's back to work after 14 beautiful days of vacay. Yeah, I know I shouldn't complain, but here I am.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to complain at the end of vacation. Vacation is so bittersweet for that reason. Usually I have some kind of epiphany of what I want my life to be, and then I lose that sense of possibility when I'm back in the grind.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to complain at the end of vacation. Vacation is so bittersweet for that reason. Usually I have some kind of epiphany of what I want my life to be, and then I lose that sense of possibility when I'm back in the grind.

Yes. It's the dream of "what life could be".

I've been trying to figure out how to get him into my church secretary book, because churches also get the very best in wacky homeless people.

That would be great.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
So anyone who's waiting for something, anything, how long have you been waiting for?

I've been waiting a month for word about my revisions :( maybe not long but I can't help but feel very depressed as I struggle to move forward with my new project.

Lol sorry I know that's random,

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score

I too had that epiphany, but it actually might come to fruition this time. *whistles innocently*

{{{Roly}}} I'm always waiting. Days, weeks, months. And somehow the news is never good when it comes. Hang in there and try to distract yourself with something else. Getting so distressed over this isn't worth the energy. Truly.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Cricket!

Roly, you'd be clear to nudge your own agent after a month.

Me, I have no novel fulls out anymore! I do have queries and picture books out for anywhere from 10 months to 1 day. I'm not counting the nonresponders in there for the queries, but if an agent or press requests an SASE, I expect to get it back eventually. And usually do...

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, Cricket is a tease.

(((Roly))) I agree with Kellion. One month means you can nudge.

I'm waiting to hear back on my revision outline. Agent said she'll get back to me this week, but I'm thinking with BEA... seems unlikely.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Molly is coming up on the nine-months-on-sub mark. We're due for another round, but BEA, ALA, London Book Fair and other conferences slow down the summer process.

I've finished two other books in that time and gotten them ready for sub. But they'll have to wait their turn.

Rack 'em. Pack 'em. Stack 'em.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Love the avie, Vandal!! :)

Seriously, if you and Ink are ever inclined, you could make a good run at self-publishing, whether under your own name or a pen name, with so many great books waiting. And you don't have to do it all! You can hire cover and layout artists.

I do not have a backlog of titles or the right genres (picture books? self-published picture books done well are rare) that would make it worthwhile.

ETA: By which I am advocating the hybrid career -- self-published and traditionally published books if possible. I think it's a great way to stay in control while getting industry respect, keeping a cash flow going, and working in several genres. I have every confidence that all of us are worthy of big press contracts and that we WILL get them someday.

Last edited:

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and let's not forget Pussy-Eater.e.

Explanation needed! (Yes I know that makes me sound sick)

Agreed. While I love working in public libraries and love visiting I do NOT love the derelicts. You think it's tough visiting a library and putting up with them? Try working with them! They're here longer than I am...and I don't have the option to get my books and go home, if urine dude shows up, I've gotta sit there and bask in his 'perfume' until my shift is over :(

(((Libraries)))

:ROFL:

And LOL Vandal!

So that ringing in my ears? Lasted about a week. Last week I broke down and went to the walk in clinic and the fracking doctor didn't know what hte fuck he was talking about!
He asked all these questions and I told him I felt off kilter and about the ringing in one of my ears and he's like 'that's not good it's likely damage to your auditory nerve' and I was like "HOLY SHIT well wouldn't I need to listen to something really loud for that to happen?' and he was like 'yes a cannon blast or something very loud like a concert' well I haven't heard anything NEAR that loud. So I told him I feel like I'm on the verge of coming down with a cold. He checked my ears and said 'well I can't see anything. It could be in your inner ear but that's the part we can't see'

and then he just sat there. And told me to research tinnitus (sp). I told him I already have. He was like 'well gravol could take the off kilter symptoms away' and all the while I'm sitting there like DUDE do you even know what the fuck you're talking about???

Finally I asked him to refer me to an ear nose and throat doctor (um should the patient HAVE to ask for a referral??) and he signed me up for some bloodwork. Overall I wasn't at all satisfied and feel like I wasted my time.

So a few days after I went to see my family doctor

and what a difference! He looked in my ear, said the right one has ear wax in it (and to use heated olive oil to get it out). He chastised me for using Q tips *pokes toe into ground* and told me to get a hearing test.

The ringing in my ear has got a lot better since last week though it faintly comes and goes...maybe it was a virus? All I know is that walk in clinic doctor SUCKED. Like, how do you randomly toss out a diagnosis like 'damage to your auditory nerve' without referring the patient for a scan first?? How can you scare someone like that??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.