Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin' SteveCordero's Avatar
    Good job on the appointment, Snappy. I know the last episode passed eventually, but it's still a long time to feel lathargic. May the Force be with you.

A new year, a new avatar Snappy's Avatar
    Thanks all. Figure the old adage "better safe than sorry" applies.
    ~ Just Snappy

Gnawing my hairless tail Cricket18's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
    Morning, Purgatory. I would complain about the cold gray rain, but that would make Cricket jealous, so I won't.
    Thanks, Kell. It's cold-ish here with a teensy amount of mist, but I'm stuck at my desk, so meh, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kellion92 View Post
    I think fantasy will be big soon, Ink. B1tterblue will feed some of it, Game of Thrones is huge.

Of course, mine will never be ready if I don't write it! I'm going to just pants the big bad middle and get started when I'm done my contracted novel's revision. I know how the first third goes. The rest will be more likely to come to me if I'm writing than if I'm not.
    Go, Kell, go! Well, if fantasy is the next big thing, it won't be my ms. Tell me why I was looking forward to querying again?

Quote Originally Posted by K. Taylor View Post
    Haven't gone to bed yet. Easiest to get some things done in the middle of the night.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
    I have an epic fantasy I could revise and submit, but I'm feeling so sad and dispirited about querying that I don't see the point. Yet more time spent just to get more form rejections.
    Make room at the Dispirited Bar (get it?) Para, I sent you a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
    Now, back to work though. And wondering if I should go to doctor. Have been dealing with massive bouts of fatigue lately. Same thing happened to me about four years ago and lasted 6 months. Docs didn't find anything and it went away. Now, I'm feeling very similar and it's lasted for about 4 weeks so far. *sigh*
    Glad you're going to the doctor, Snappy. Keep us posted.

Teri, it's human nature to be selfish. She's been your rock and now she's gone.

It's Monday, rejections in the inbox. I've barely started querying and I'm wondering why I'm bothering....feh.

BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.

A cat may not look at a king kellion92's Avatar
    Take care of yourself, Snappy.

Boo for passes, Cricket and Para.

Teri, I hope you're in for something good instead...

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine ink wench's Avatar
    (((Cricket)))

Teri, it's a Pit truism that no good deed goes unpunished. But I hope you build up some karma points instead.
    W1cked M1sery (Samhain) - October 2013

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
    (Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website

At the publishing party, whacking the piņata
    Here's my positive thought for the Pit: since I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much booze to get me stinko drunk. Tell me the world isn't smiling on me.
    ~RedScylla

Celebrate the holidays with some fine seasonal smut.

A Kiss from Krampus: tinyurl.com/kissfromkrampus

A Kiss from Krampus, now in paperback!! tinyurl.com/krampusamzpprbk

Red, I hope your booze treats you well. Getting you stinko is a good start.

Blech, I'm just so exhausted lately. Oh well, must go revise now. It's work at this point -- very poorly paid work.

Red, this is why I like drinking wine. I can toss back shot after shot of the hard stuff with no results. But one glass of wine does me in. I don't understand it, but it's much more efficient. Hope the booze treated you well.

Kellion, good luck.

I'm off today to make up for having to work a really long day on Thursday, so here I sit with my revisions again. Too early to start drinking?

Twitter * Website

Bright lights induce scuttling soulcascade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedScylla View Post
    I *used* to think I had this stalwart reader I could always count on. Then one day she read a book of mine and said she found it "unbearable to read." Never read another one again. In fact, she doesn't even call me anymore. So ... 20-year friendship that just couldn't make the next decade.
    OUCH! Surely she could've worded it better...I've tried betaing books that I didn't like. I just said 'this isn't for me'.

Snappy glad you have an appointment, keep us in the loop!

Cricket I donno if initially being excited to query is a sign of madness or if we just forget the traumas of querying enough between one round and the next to amp us up

Quote Originally Posted by Teriann View Post
    BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

Good call, Teri

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.

OMG! The universe is a cruel, cruel b1tch!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedScylla View Post
    Here's my positive thought for the Pit: since I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much booze to get me stinko drunk. Tell me the world isn't smiling on me.
    Red it doesn't get much better than that!

Would anyone like to come teach my class for me? It starts in five minutes and last three hours?

Can't...playing hooky today myself...actually have doctor's appointment for kid...but not having to teach was a pretty nifty perk. :]

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin' SteveCordero's Avatar
    Mornin', Pit

{{{Cricket}}}

Good luck, Kell

Just got a zombie query from November. Made me chuckle, after a certain amount of time has past, I wonder why agents bother with their form R's.

Sometimes zombie Rs are funny, sometimes they seem like an unnecessary slap.

Eh, I just sent some "email is free" Qs to go with my "stamps are cheap" Qs yesterday. I haven't had a lot of responses lately -- one R (to a full though) in the past month.

Run Soul, run!

Go Kellion!

Think I got my revision outline mostly nailed at this point. Just sent some Qs to the agent to be sure, then will pull it together (assuming her reaction to my Qs isn't total horror).

Twitter * Website

Kellion LOL @ 'email is free Q's' I think that deserves a ™

Awesome Ink, I figured you'd sort it out!

Morning. Afternoon Pitizens. Thanks for all the reps. Will keep you informed. Snappy will be well, and promises to never refer to herself in third person again.

And now for other news...it's Tuesday.
    ~ Just Snappy

*cuddles wif Snappie* Snapps you can refer to yourself in whatever person you like

Hugs to the Snappy! (I think third person needs a definite article)

Go, Ink! You can do it.

"Email is free" may require a TM, but it's Red's phrase. If she tries to make me pay to use it, I heartily protest.

*cuddles Soul*

Kellion, THE Snappy, oh yes, there should certainly only be one. The world cannot handle more than one. LOL.

How's the week going for my fellow Pitizens? It's gray in this part of town.
    ~ Just Snappy

Cold and gray here. It's going to rain tomorrow again.

At the publishing party, whacking the piņata
    Mercilessly sunny and getting hot here. That doctor better find out what's keeping The Snapster down. (Yeah, okay, that one just went too far.)
    ~RedScylla

Celebrate the holidays with some fine seasonal smut.

A Kiss from Krampus: tinyurl.com/kissfromkrampus

A Kiss from Krampus, now in paperback!! tinyurl.com/krampusamzpprbk

*shakes off drenched umbrella* *eyes Red* how bout tossing some of that sun this way?

Page 637 of 700 FirstFirst ... 137387537562587612627631632633634635636637638639640641642643647662687 ... LastLast