Status
Not open for further replies.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
((Snappy))
((Teri))

Teri your friend is wise. Good on her for noticing that. Most readers who don't know about publishing that I know just don't pick up on those things.

Steve - exactly! The Netflix-y idea could be a great solution to that issue. I mean most public libraries are poor. Yes the B6 want $$$ but you can't squeeze blood from a stone (cliche intentional)

Ugh (((Red))) :(

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to Red, Snappy, and Teri. Curse you, Friday the 13th.

'Tis, Friday, alas. Pass me a spiked maggocino, stat.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
{{Snappy}}

{{Teri}}

{{Red}}

There are still 3 boys in my house. It's been pouring all freakin day. At one point, all the neighbor kids came over (with their dog) and there were literally 8 kids in here.

I've had an entire tub of chocolate-covered caramels, baked a batch of choc. chip cookies and ate 7 of them. Now I'm drinking beer...only 3 more days til school.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
See Cat and you said you weren't a motivated mom? But you baked for them! And why are all the kids mooching off your home? Can't they go somewhere else? That sucks for you oy!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Cat, if all the kids come to your house, you're doing something right.

Good morning!

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
What's good about it? *grumbles*

We're out of cream, so I had to use the soy creamer. It says it expires tomorrow. It doesn't.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
What's good about it? *grumbles*

We're out of cream, so I had to use the soy creamer. It says it expires tomorrow. It doesn't.

I'm sorry Cricket, but lol. That is something that would put me in a foul mood, too.

Well, it finally stopped raining so my son is able to be outside kicking a soccer ball.

I rationalize all the kids being in my house like this: I'd rather know what they're all doing together than not. And also, I seem to be the only mom exercising any kind of supervision over their kids, if you know what I mean.

So I plant myself in my chair at my dining room table which serves as my office, and while they're screaming and yelling, I attempt to write.

Which I suppose is the reason why it takes me so long to write a book.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red)))

(((Cat))) Ugh. Writing in the midst of screaming children = hutzpah.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Cat: I am the mother of a rambunctious boy. My friend Jenny is also the mother of a rambunctious boy. We were at a school picnic. Jenny said, "I guess we should follow them and make them behave." I said, "Either that or we can pretend like we don't know them."

BWAHA. Me: (loudly), "Can you believe those out of control boys? Where are their mothers?"

Nice, try, Teriann.

Last edited:

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I was in Ross looking around and Security walked my son over to me and asked, "Is this your boy?" And I said, "It depends. What's he done?"

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I was in Ross looking around and Security walked my son over to me and asked, "Is this your boy?" And I said, "It depends. What's he done?"

:ROFL:

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I see Catwoman doing the John Belushi routine from Blues Brothers with a twist: "I want to sell you my boy. How much you want?" :D

Oh, I kid, because I have none...

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Boys. One more: We have an old house, and I have a mirror mounted over the bathtub. At the lowest point, the mirror is four feet from the ground.

This morning I found my son's footprints on the mirror. I kid you not.

Some things you don't want to know, and some things you never know (for example, he came home from school Friday with a big bump on his forehead which he never adequately explained) but I was very curious so I asked how he managed to get his footprints on the mirror. Trust me, you don't want to know.

It's a miracle that boys survive boyhood.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
It's Monday, the most pittish day of the week.

(((Red))) Belated hugs for you.

Had a pit moment last night when I looked up the bus schedule, which I'll be relying on a lot in the next couple weeks. Discovered, among other horrors, that I'll need to get up at 3 a.m. on a not-so-distant Sunday to catch my 7 a.m. flight. Shoot me. I'm now dreading this trip more than ever. (I'm expected to put in a 10-hour work day after said flight - ha!)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))) I hate anticipating things like that. And recovering too -- I know how badly I get wiped out following a marathon day with close to zero sleep.

Boys are funny. I have very little experience with them, however. I have two sisters and now I have two daughters. Yay girls!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
(((((Ink)))))

The kiddo stories are very funny!

my boychild was super-energetic, but relatively cautious, and so that was easier for me. His toddler obsessions were exhausting though. When he discovered that things lit up from electric cords being plugged into walls, there was a period of months where he had to find the outlets for every possible light everywhere we went. Taking him to run around the mall at Christmas time was a bad idea. I'm sure the mall security wondered why we were looking through the foliage in all the planters to find outlets.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, poor Ink. I had to wake up at 4am for a 6am flight on Friday but 3am is crueler still.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit

{{{DVI}}}

Kell, it's funny how the family dynamic works that way. There are mainly girls on my wife's side of the family but boys on mine so we've clashed alot in things.

We have balance in our immediate family, but my wife is still a little squeemish in how I play with my son (we wrestle, box, etc.), but that's just how boys are.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red)))

(((Cricket))) There is nothing that makes me more unhappy than coffee problems.

(((Pit))) For anyone I've missed. My brain is sort of mushy from all the work I've been doing. Blargh.

(((Ink))) 3am is so early that you almost shouldn't go to bed at all.

The boy stories are cracking me up. I have a boy and agree with Teri, it is a wonder how they survive their boyhood. With my little girl I had hoped for a reprieve, but alas, I think I make adventurous children.

Status
Not open for further replies.