Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Repped as I went. Multi-quote got too long. Hmm...I got nothing really. Working on edits, which is usually like beating my head against the wall. But, they are going surprisingly...well. I take this as a sign of the apocalypse. Also, blogged about the neurosis attached to all writers yesterday. ;)

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Repped as I went. Multi-quote got too long. Hmm...I got nothing really. Working on edits, which is usually like beating my head against the wall. But, they are going surprisingly...well. I take this as a sign of the apocalypse. Also, blogged about the neurosis attached to all writers yesterday. ;)

I'm waiting to hear back from my editor re: edits. I have no idea what to expect as I've never had to do R&Rs or edits for anyone (professionally, that is). How do comments come? On the side of the page in red? In the actual text?

Yeesh, I already signed the contract, so even if I disagree with something I probably have no say anymore. (like with my cover-haha)

{{Roly}}

{{Cricket}}

{{ao pups}} Happy Birthday!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Cat, you're the writer. You always have a say, unless your contract says otherwise.

My agent gave me comments marked up in Word. My editor gave me a marked-up hard copy. Either is fine with me but the hard copy was a little easier because I hate moving between windows.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the uterine expulsion anniversary wishes, pitizens.

I am absolutely blown away with the GOOD news re: our dog. The vet called and they were able to remove the entire mass. Turns out it is just fatty tissue, no cancer. He is going to be fine. So relieved. I was resigned to a poor outcome - it had grown so fast and was so big. Thank you so much for your positive thoughts for him.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, Red. The hellhounds must have a soft spot for their earthly kin.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Octavia, so nice to hear GOOD news. YAY for puppy! And HAPPY expulsion day!

ETA: Reading that without looking at the white font parts is quite amusing.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Expulsion Day, AO. And yay for healthy pups!

My dog slept through the night after some broth and rice, although the gas... OY! Nasty, nasty, nasssssty!

T.G.I.F.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Expulsion Day, AO. And yay for healthy pups!

My dog slept through the night after some broth and rice, although the gas... OY! Nasty, nasty, nasssssty!

T.G.I.F.

Like I've told you before, when I die I'd like to come back as your dog. Broth and rice indeed!

I went out to lunch and had seared ahi on a salad. I've had it there before. Halfway through it I broke out in a blotchy red itchy rash all over my entire body. I looked like I had a bad sunburn on my face and chest. And even though my head was throbbing and I felt like I might pass out, I still managed to eat some carrot cake for dessert. The rash is only now just starting to go away. Very strange...

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Sounds like a seafood allergy (which is usually actually a reaction to the minerals the seafood carries with it). Take a Benadryl and tell a doctor if it happens again. My mother was deeply allergic to seafood and shellfish and the ocean, so I know the signs.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a seafood allergy (which is usually actually a reaction to the minerals the seafood carries with it). Take a Benadryl and tell a doctor if it happens again. My mother was deeply allergic to seafood and shellfish and the ocean, so I know the signs.

I agree. I'm allergic to a lot of things. The first thing people say is, "But I've been eating/taking that for years." Yup. Your body reacts out of the blue. I had taken aspirin all my life and then when I was 14, Bam! Full blown allergy. And Cat, generally speaking, each successive reaction gets worse. So be careful. I'd go to an allergist asap.

Rice and broth would lure you this way? My, you have low standards. ;)

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Rice and broth? Eh. Tender loving care? That's it!

MrsBrommers

Registered
Reaction score
Careful, Catwoman. That definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. I'd mention it to the doctor. My neighbor's daughter has to keep an epi pen with her because of a peanut allergy even though she's not terribly reactive. At some point, she could have a severe reaction, hence needing the epi pen. My daughter is allergic to sulfa meds, despite having been prescribed them a number of times for ear infections. This past October she was on them, and bam, she got hives all over her body. ow they're on her Do Not Prescribe list.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Morning to the Pit. (Without the "good" in front it's more like a curse than a greeting.)

My kids' vacation (and many others) starts today. For some reason, that makes me expect some desk clearing out there. We shall see.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Friday Pit!

Belated happy natal anniversary AO!

Ink, love the grumpy bunny...

Cat, definitely agree with the others who said it could be an allergic reaction-like Cricket said, they can sometimes come out of nowhere (and disappear out of nowhere). I lost my seafood allergy but gained a severe allergy to all kinds of fruit...

Steve, muted congrats on working things out with agent!

I've almost decided to give up on the book I'm currently querying, since it's garnered so little interest. Fortunately I've got something else in the works. Post-apocolyptic setting, love triangle, and evil scientists-what's not to love?? (Plenty, I'm sure ;)).

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I've almost decided to give up on the book I'm currently querying, since it's garnered so little interest. Fortunately I've got something else in the works. Post-apocolyptic setting, love triangle, and evil scientists-what's not to love?? (Plenty, I'm sure ;)).

I'll join you on the no agent interest couch. :tongue

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Para and Hester, I am on that couch with you. I decided it was comfy enough, despite the unrecognizable stains and lumps, and it's definitely better than being UNDER the couch (where it's pretty crowded. Fourlittlebees, is that you under there?)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Morning pitizens. Oh yes, TGIF for sure. Today, I have to crush someone's dream of going to college. As in, she won't be going. Isn't that lovely? *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.