Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lkp and Steve! Maybe we'll get some Pit escapees yet.

Problem is, I don't really *want* to escape from the Pit. There's nowhere else on AW, maybe in all the internet where I feel quite so at home. But I like to think that I will carry a bit of the Pit with me wherever I go...

Wait, that didn't sound right.

I'm going to say something else nice about my agent: she did the reading and we spoke to each other while she was away on vacation. Sure, if she had read more quickly, she wouldn't have had to talk to me from the Caribbean. But most agents, most people would have said, "Fuck it, we'll talk next week when i get back."

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Noompsy, congrats!

lkp, I know the feeling. You can take the writer out of the Pit, but you can't take the Pit out of the writer. And that does speak very nice things about your agent.

This must have been too cheery a post - the hellhounds are growling at me.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
I love happy endings, LKP

I also love Ink's avatars. But I really miss seeing her up in that tree.

That's a bunny who hasn't been eating her carrots.

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Just gotta point out: the bunny is a he. My brother (it's his bunny) was very adamant that his rabbit not be emasculated at the vet, so the bunny is quite aware of his maleness (and his lack of a bunny mate, poor thing). ;)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Cute bunny. Cute frustrated bunny. No wonder he looks grumpy.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Problem is, I don't really *want* to escape from the Pit. There's nowhere else on AW, maybe in all the internet where I feel quite so at home. But I like to think that I will carry a bit of the Pit with me wherever I go...
QUOTE]

Funny thing is, even if I become wildly successful career-wise, I have a sinking feeling my life will always be in the Pit...due to er, the rest of my crappy life.

Just gotta point out: the bunny is a he. My brother (it's his bunny) was very adamant that his rabbit not be emasculated at the vet, so the bunny is quite aware of his maleness (and his lack of a bunny mate, poor thing). ;)

Wow! That actually looks like a stock photo. You should post it on Flickr or something.

Brava Noompsy!

Sometimes when you guys talk about agents I picture Joey's agent in Friends. Remember her? The chain-smoking, pinched-face, what was her name? Estelle! That's it.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Ink, love MR. bunny.

Woop Noompsy!

LKP, glad she got back to you.

*backs away before hellhounds charge*

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
DVI, great avy. Like, CW, I thought that was a stock photo.

BTW, LKP, it's part of The Pit Lexicon (see the 1st page of the thread, post #2):

“You may leave The Pit, but The Pit never leaves you” – a Pit truism

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
UPDATE--Resolution: Sorry I've been in-and-out lately but I've been real busy at work. Emailed my agent back & forth and it's been agreed that I will send him a slightly revised version of L!ST3N (the YA paranormal thriller) based on the 2 areas of revision I agreed to. I have to get him the revised MS by next week and we'll go on sub the following week.

Now, as to DR@G0R0, it has been agreed that the project is on hold. I'll tackle the revision suggestions he sent me on part of the book while L!ST3N is on sub. However, he won't revisit DR@G0R0 until after L!ST3N has sold.

I'm happy with this resolution and am glad to move forward on this

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE--Resolution: Sorry I've been in-and-out lately but I've been real busy at work. Emailed my agent back & forth and it's been agreed that I will send him a slightly revised version of L!ST3N (the YA paranormal thriller) based on the 2 areas of revision I agreed to. I have to get him the revised MS by next week and we'll go on sub the following week.

So do you really agree with the changes or are you doing them to placate him?

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
So do you really agree with the changes or are you doing them to placate him?

No, I agree with him. It's a gritty book with NYC teens and I may have gone overboard with the profanity and the sex scenes for realism sake. I agreed to tone them down.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
until after L!ST3N has sold.

I especially like this part. Good luck! The hellhounds may bite me. (Um, I meant to be self-sacrificing there and offer my leg as a distracting chew toy, but you can take it however you wish).

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Steve, glad you came to a satisfying resolution. Good luck!

Thanks for the avi love. Will pass it on to my brother since he's the one who took the photo.

Ever send someone an email who's usually a quick responder, but you wrote something in said email that you're not sure how they'll take, and then they don't respond with their usual super speed so you're left wondering if you totally pissed them off? Yeah. Pass the maggotinis, please.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, ink, I've done that. Sucks. Have a maggotbeer chaser to wash it down.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't been by in a while. Last few weeks have been a drug-induced haze of business.

Steve, hope it all turns out okay!

Ink, try not to think about it. You'll go crazy with the guessing and wondering.

Just got another R but it doesn't sting as much as I thought it would. This time they said the writing wasn't strong enough. It really is subjective, I guess. But I'm working on trying to fine-tune my skills with this revision, that apparently I can never get through because I keep getting hit upside the head with tutorials and essay marking and dealing with students and abstracts and essay writing and workshopping and note-taking and dealing with pissy profs and the like. I really want to get these essays done fast so I can just dive in whole hog but right now, my head's just not in it. But I'm antsy. I really, really really want to be out on sub with a fresh new story. FRIG IT ALL D: D: D: D:

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score

Wait, that didn't sound right.

I'm going to say something else nice about my agent: she did the reading and we spoke to each other while she was away on vacation. Sure, if she had read more quickly, she wouldn't have had to talk to me from the Caribbean. But most agents, most people would have said, "Fuck it, we'll talk next week when i get back."

Sounds like your agent is a winner, lkp. There *is* something oddly comforting about the Pit. In a Stockholm Syndrome kind of way.

All crossables crossed, Steve. Hope it all works out, especially the sale part!

Repped you, Noompsy, but great story!

Grumpy, frustrated bunneh! Perfect for the Pit! Sorry about the email, but I agree...hopefully it's a non-issue.

{{{Roly}}} Hop to it, girl.

I've got nothin'. The usual twelve hour day from hell. Tomorrow I have an early seminar. No sleep. And the pups had an upset tummy last night, so guess who never slept? Luckily, whoever had this dog prior to us trained him well. He bats the shuttered sliding door to go out. No accidents as of yet.

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
(((Roly))) Having read your writing, I say "not strong enough" is a totally BS rejection.

(((Cricket))) *passes maggotcinos*

Last edited:

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' all. Popping in to see if I did this right. Yes, I don't yet quite understand the nuances of all this and have attempted to do a signature. Goood thoughts to everyone.

I know this is probably too cheery, but we all rock! :]

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, so happy and relieved to hear your update. May you sell soon!

LOL, Kellion, on your "bite me" comment.

lkp, sounds like you have a keeper :)

(((Ink))) Love mister bunneh. Yes, I do that email thing at least once per week.

Boo to another long day, cricket.

(((Roly)))

Noompsy, your linkage is impressive. Great story, btw.

Please keep my pup in your thoughts today, I just dropped him off for his surgery.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Cricket)))

(((Roly))) Sorry for the R -- writing is subjective. On my first book I had plenty of compliments about my writing but one editor just didn't care for my style.

(((AO and puppy))) And a moderately pleasant natal day to you, fair lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.