Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Madder))) Red punch, green punch, maggot slushies, line 'em up.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Time to get out the punch/maggot bong.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
LKP the bong idea rocks. I was going to suggest punch shots, Kellion, I think we need something stronger.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I'm sort of out of the drinking culture but what is that thing where you drop a shot of green punch into a mug of maggot slushie? Or, heck, just bring out the slushie bong. Those things aren't loaded with calories are they? Or really, does it matter?

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Dear, sweet Pit, I appreciate that you move slowly enough that I can catch up after four days without internet.

(((Cheeky))) (((Madder)))

Soul, congrats!

Do we have any slushies with caffeine?

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
All Pit alcohol come with caffeine. That way it puts you on edge and keeps you awake so there's never any sweet, sweet oblivion.

Hope your trip was not-awful. Welcome home!

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Cheeky}}}

{{{Madder}}}

I've lurked in the Pit since Bran started it, but I've mostly avoided it because I clung to Pandora's greatest of all evils--Hope--and believed in the light of Purgatory. That is where my better self is.

Being prone to deep depression I try to avoid the negative because I know the negative will always find me. I feel like William Munny in Unforgiven, I can try to live the life of Purgatory, but the Pit is my nature. This is who I am. I just hope the doom doesn't consume me.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Steve, Doom will consume us all if we don't keep an eye on it. That's what the Pit is for -- we stare that rat bastard in the face and dare it to do its worst.

And guess what? Doom is a coward. Or maybe it's afraid of hellhounds too. So spend your time among the good, happy, and hopeful people of the world, but know that the Pit will welcome you with disgusting drinks and smelly furniture. It's like a frat house, but no date rape.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Ink! ...*Soul eyes Ink* stop crying...Ink? Ink? STOP. CRYING. Okay we understand it sucks to be here in the first place let alone have to return *Ink continues sobbing* Here! *Soul hands Ink a maggot - shooter with obscene amounts of alcohol* that should help some!

'All Pit alcohol come with caffeine. That way it puts you on edge and keeps you awake so there's never any sweet, sweet oblivion. ' <- HAHAHHAHHA

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Hellhound poop on the chair, maggot shooters... There's no place like home.

Steve, hope (not to be confused with Haupe) is what keeps us all going. Even down here. Here is just the place where we can bitch and moan and curse (and drink) without the pressure of making hope happy. ;)

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Thanks, Ink!

I've always thought of hope like the Greeks did, as the greatest of all evils. That's why it was in Pandora's jar of evils. Hope is delusion. It deludes us from believing the truth about our own suckocity.

But I like your explanation better. :D

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
The Pit: where even hope sucks.

And where we look doom straight in the face and tell it to f@#k off.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
LKP well said, that should be our new motto
Shit, who else thinks we should look into branding for the Pitt? ;)

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
I agree, Soul. That should be the motto. Well done, LKP

BTW, I hate twitter. You see things that certain people tweet *cough*agents*cough* and that freakin' H (hope) appears.

Why is it that everytime I think of H, I hear Apollo Creed screaming into my ears, "THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!" ???

Last edited:

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Oh Steve, don't get me started on Twitter and some of the things some agents tweet. It's so unprofessional it's stomach turning

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Down here in the Pit, when your dream editor passes and buys a celebrity memoir for $2 million instead, or your dream agent keeps your full for 6 months through two revise and resubmits and then says no, we'll never say, "That just shows how close you are. I am sure it is all going to come through for you very soon." We'll just say, "Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry," and hand you a cup of writhing slush maggots.

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Down here in the Pit, when your dream editor passes and buys a celebrity memoir for $2 million instead, or your dream agent keeps your full for 6 months through two revise and resubmits and then says no, we'll never say, "That just shows how close you are. I am sure it is all going to come through for you very soon." We'll just say, "Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry," and hand you a cup of writhing slush maggots.

Yep.

As the old saying goes, "Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades."

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Steve, Doom will consume us all if we don't keep an eye on it. That's what the Pit is for -- we stare that rat bastard in the face and dare it to do its worst.

And guess what? Doom is a coward. Or maybe it's afraid of hellhounds too. So spend your time among the good, happy, and hopeful people of the world, but know that the Pit will welcome you with disgusting drinks and smelly furniture. It's like a frat house, but no date rape.

I like this. It sounds so Nietzsche. Well, except for the furniture part. Did Friedrich talk about soiled furniture? He should have.

(((Steve)))
(((ink)))

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
This. So this.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
The Doom is powerful in The Pit, today:

Emperor03.jpg

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
LOL Vandal! LKP TOTALLY agree. I'd MUCH rather her a 'that sucks' than a 'well it'll pan out for you' or a 'WHEN you get a new agent bla bla bla' spare me.

Perhaps I'm jaded (lol!) but I don't believe in 'dream agents' or 'dream editors' anymore. Been down that road and my dream turned into a nightmare. Now I think a 'dream agent/editor' is one who believes in you and your work, gives good, well thought out advice on what to concentrate on/where to focus your talent, is willing to work WITH you through those revisions/that brainstorming/those mind-numbing lows and who won't drop you like a hot potato if your ms doesn't sell in couple of months... I just don't think you can 'know' if your dream really IS one until you've worked with them. Ack! I'm ranting! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.