Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Teri)))

Superbowl was fun to watch, but not at a house with over 30 drunk people screaming. I went home early.

Ink, and now I must go and check PM.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
It's my bday. I'm 44, which sounds soooo much older than 43. I made toast for myself with lots of butter, and the butter dripped onto the coils and started a fire inside my toaster oven. I hope that's not an omen. Or maybe it is...I will be on fire this year! (But in a good way)

Eh...

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of things that wouldn't get made/published today....I watched an interview with Norman Jewison on the weekend for his film "In the Heat of the Night" and he said (with a trace of bitterness) that if brought that script to a major studio today it would get turned down.

I think what he was referring to was the dearth of originality in scripts being bought today. I thought of Mario and his struggles. It ain't you, bud, it's them. Julia Cameron says a similar thing in her memoir.

Re Superbowl. I found Madonna boring.

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
It's my bday. I'm 44, which sounds soooo much older than 43. I made toast for myself with lots of butter, and the butter dripped onto the coils and started a fire inside my toaster oven. I hope that's not an omen. Or maybe it is...I will be on fire this year! (But in a good way)

Eh...

The perfect Pit birthday! Set house on fire! Happy Day Cat.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about the refresh button is that no matter how many times you hit it, things still don't appear.

I know. I KNOW. Gah! Where is the news? There is nothing, not even spam for me. I hate email. I hate waiting.

*hugs* Pitizens

The Pit has long, bony fingers. Even in the middle of good news, it can reach out and get you.

So true.

Eh...

This made me laugh. It is just the sort thing that would happen to me. Moderately pleasant natal day to you!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to you, Red. I'm sorry your mitzvah turned into a kick in the teeth.

Moderately pleasant 44th birthday, Cat.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of things that wouldn't get made/published today....I watched an interview with Norman Jewison on the weekend for his film "In the Heat of the Night" and he said (with a trace of bitterness) that if brought that script to a major studio today it would get turned down.

I think what he was referring to was the dearth of originality in scripts being bought today. I thought of Mario and his struggles. It ain't you, bud, it's them. Julia Cameron says a similar thing in her memoir.

Re Superbowl. I found Madonna boring.

Was it just me or did she look kinda stiff? I know she's 53, but look at the shape she's in. I guess I expected more dirty dancing from her, instead of simply strutting around the stage. I also missed MIA's rude finger gesture that everyone's talking about. Geez, soon SuperBowl half-time shows will only allow benign groups to sing, like The Wiggles.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, (((Red)))

Re: Madonna. I was also bored with the performance. She looked stiff because she pulled a hamstring or something.

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
She pulled a hamstring? Well, for godsake. I dunno. I'm 52 and every time she did a clunky cartwheel, I thought "Please stop. Locate your dignity. Let the kids do the gymnastics."

Last edited:

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red))) What happened? What did I miss? ETA: Oh, damn. *more hugs*

Cat, way to celebrate your birthday Pit style! Also, hope it's a good one.

Job searching might be the most depressing activity on the planet. Yes, it takes a long time to write a book just to see it rejected. But I spent nine years in school just to have to reject myself before even applying because I'm not remotely qualified for any jobs in my area.

Last edited:

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Before I go look at Red's news, I want a moment to feel sorry for myself.

So yesterday I triumphantly announced that I'm not taking any new cases for 6 months because I need a long vacation.

Well there was something I still had to do. One more record to read and appeal to write, which I'd already committed to.

UPS just knocked on my door and gave me the record.

It is almost 1,200 pages. (I thought 2,000 but there was some repetition)

GAH (um, I'm supposed to read it carefully enough to find the legal errors. Imagine a thousand pages of police transcripts.)

Did I say GAH yet? It's like a cosmic joke. Long vacation HA HA HA HA, well after this is done I'm doing NO legal work for 6 months.

Even if one of you lands in jail. So don't land in jail, okay?

Last edited:

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
I don't quite have the energy to talk about it anymore. It's on ye olde blog. Be warned, it's really sad.

Oh Red. It is really sad but it's also really beautiful that you hunted her down and know her fate and can spell her name correctly for the dedication. Thanks for sharing this story.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
{{{Red}}} I'm sorry. So incredibly sad. :(

{{{Terri}}}

Happy Birthday, Cat! May the house not burn down on account of butter, or anything else, quite honestly.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red)))

(((Teri)))

ETA Happy natal anniversary to Cat...

Status
Not open for further replies.