Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAHA INK! You make me laugh :) I LOVE The trade mark on 'doom'. I think you're right on the voice and how most of it has to do with connecting which falls into the doom category. So very true IMO

Shit {Ink} Okay so your work life is crappy, writing life in the crapper, sooo does that mean the love life is going to skyrocket? Or maybe if one more file gets dumped into your lap, you'll hear back from a long-given up on query from an agent who NEEDS to rep you NOW

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
My oh my, Doom is running high in the Pit, today.

At least it's rent-free to stay here.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Shit {Ink} Okay so your work life is crappy, writing life in the crapper, sooo does that mean the love life is going to skyrocket? Or maybe if one more file gets dumped into your lap, you'll hear back from a long-given up on query from an agent who NEEDS to rep you NOW

I thought I'd proven this rule wasn't true. Work life in crapper? check. Writing life in crapper? check. Spent 8 hours in bed with a man who only wanted to snuggle his dog...need I say more?

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Awww SHIT Red! NO you DON'T need to say more. Man even the pit hounds are whimpering at the crap-tacularness of the way things are going for you right now :(!

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
You know you belong in the Pit when submitting a short story feels like the equivalent of taping a Kick Me Hard sign to your own back.

I know the feeling. I sent an academic article to a journal in July partly because I know they have their editorial meeting in April and it would be a looooong time until I got a rejection.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd proven this rule wasn't true. Work life in crapper? check. Writing life in crapper? check. Spent 8 hours in bed with a man who only wanted to snuggle his dog...need I say more?
*sticks fingers in ears* I can't hear you.

I know the feeling. I sent an academic article to a journal in July partly because I know they have their editorial meeting in April and it would be a looooong time until I got a rejection.
Now that's taking procrastination to a whole new level. Most impressive.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
*bows to lkp* okay you take the cake on that one LOL I'm starting to think the pit hounds would bow to that too, that's true Pit style submitting

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing missing in your plan, lkp, would be if you could actually forget you submitted it. The best I can ever do is pretend to myself that I've forgotten.

I just wrote some more MG introspection about the real reasons my last book didn't sell (not a reason anyone told me) and why it's better that it wasn't my debut, but it turned into a rant so I deleted it.

Q: How can you tell when Kellion is in the middle of a rant? A: She is typing or speaking.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
'Q: How can you tell when Kellion is in the middle of a rant? A: She is typing or speaking.' <-:roll: I feel like this! But naw, I think you're typically pretty level headed

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, rants can be useful for working things through.

True! That's why I'm glad I ranted what ranted, and glad I deleted before posting. Sometimes it's best to just yell at the clouds rather than immortalize my angry ravings on the interwebs.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Since I'm not on sub, when I see all the fab-o deals happening, I think, "Wow! If only I were on sub!"

And then I remember that the book I'd be subbing is not the same one they sold. So there's THAT little detail getting in my way...

(Plus I have to finish this revision, and then next three revisions or more.)

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
'And then I remember that the book I'd be subbing is not the same one they sold. So there's THAT little detail getting in my way...:roll: Kellion you always crack me up

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
And I'm sick. I've been sick for about five weeks now, but as I was getting better, I caught a terrible cold. Kill me now.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I think we all know that answer to that, soul!

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Aw no Mad. Welcome but I'm sorry you're stuck in the pit with the rest of us *moves over to make space for Mad, offers an impressive assortment of booze*

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Suddenly, all I can hear is this guy:

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Let the doom flow through you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.