Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
Whoever comes in next, please with the couch? I'm over here on this side... head under leg. Usual place. Helpful if you are zaftig and you want to bounce a bit. Writer from an online group I left who couldn't write her way out of a paper bag (I mean, seriously... woudn't know a story arc if you colored it in ROYGBIV) finished her FIRST DRAFT. QUERIED IT. Had rep in three days.

WHY NOT MY CRAP?

This has to be a cosmic message that I suck. There's no other explanation.

Stories like that are why my liver is in the shitty condition it's in.

Kellion said something a gazillion pages back about a washing machine meltdown being a fair price to pay for a zero R-Day. I laughed.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Roly))) Sometimes breaks are good things.

My ear hurts. Had a mole removed this afternoon, and now my ear lobe is throbbing. It was also quite bloody, and for some reason this is putting me off working on the horror tonight. Go figure.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Hugs all around. {{{{PIT}}}}}

4littlebs, That first comment you made about the drano made me shoot hot coffee out my nose. When I re-remember it I laugh too. It'll be my Happy Thought from now on. And thanks about the med information (Lisa too, *waves*)

I agree with everyone else, Roly, recharging is nice. That and long walks. Bubbly baths. Foot massages.

I'm reading an autobiography by M@rk 0liv3r 3v3r3tt, from the band, The 3lls. Poor dude had the most rotten of luck in his early life. It's kind of a misery loves company book for me, but he manages to make me feel good about my misery. If that makes any sense at all...

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch on the ear, Ink.

*waves to Madder and Mercy*

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
(((Roly))) Sometimes breaks are good things.

My ear hurts. Had a mole removed this afternoon, and now my ear lobe is throbbing. It was also quite bloody, and for some reason this is putting me off working on the horror tonight. Go figure.

Hope you feel better. Do you sleep on that side?

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Ink -- it's hard to write when you're in physical pain. Mental pain is more conducive to it.

Still haven't heard from the agent who's had my full for almost 3 months. QueryTracker seems to indicate that she does respond, but the more time goes on, the less hope I have (there's that damn word again).

What really makes my life exciting these days is my mechanic informing me that my engine is about to go and it's not worth it to replace it. He said "Eh, it could go in 2 days or 6 months. You'll hear a pop and then nothing -- you'll be dead."

I just know it'll happen when I'm in the drive-thru at Del Taco.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dr. Ink)))

I'm here procrastinating. My battle with insomnia last night makes me want to go to bed early tonight, but fear another insomnia round. Damned if I do/don't dilemma.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Ink -- it's hard to write when you're in physical pain. Mental pain is more conducive to it.

I agree to a point. I have chronic pain and sometimes just shutting my brain off to it and writing is all I can do to find relief since I don't want to get addicted to my pain meds.

Fun fact: My knee hurts more when I stand than then I sit, but if I sit for too long it starts hurting like I'd been standing >.<. I think I need to dig out the warranty card on my body, parts of it are broken far too early.....

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dr. Ink)))

I'm here procrastinating. My battle with insomnia last night makes me want to go to bed early tonight, but fear another insomnia round. Damned if I do/don't dilemma.
Oh! Oh! I know this one!! Bring a borring book that only mildly holds your interest. I've had insomnia off and on for 10 years and that is uaually what helps. I've also turned on my favorite movie and fallen asleep to that (interesting dreams when you can sort of hear Dracula while dozing, let me tell you!)

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Oh, Pit. I just read through the thread & caught up.

All I have to say is get yourselves to Walgreens and try their brand of Bear Claw ice cream. Chocolate ice cream, with chocolate truffle things and caramel. Perfect for dousing the flames of injustice with drippy goodness.

And please rep me. :)

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Catwoman, I'm sorry about your ride. Mine has probably a year, maybe two, but I know it will drop dead when I'm at a red light on route 1 and traffic is piled up in every direction. And I'll be fresh off a full workout which will make pushing it out of the intersection SO much fun, and the inconsiderate waste of ova behind me won't even consider helping or doing anything but working his horn... Yes, your imagination goes wild when you're stuck in traffic.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score

Vincent says: "Spark up the pipe, baby!"

Vincent-Van-Gogh-001.jpg

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Still haven't heard from the agent who's had my full for almost 3 months. QueryTracker seems to indicate that she does respond, but the more time goes on, the less hope I have (there's that damn word again)
Changed that for you.

{{{Cat}}} I'm in the same boat, except that it's just been three weeks, and four weeks respectively. Even when I sent the ms I had no hope. Jaded, I am.

It's Friday tomorrow, which normally would be a good thing, but I have to work for a few hours on Sat. :(

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Vandal cracks me up. Carp. Spark up the pipe.

{{{Ink'sEar}}} & {{{{Ink}}}}

{{{{Cat}}}}

I came home to find the cat peeing in my shoe. Chased it away just in time to hear the dog puking on the floor in the next room. Aaand...a student today made me cornbread. She said she'd never eaten real American cornbread so she didn't know if it was any good. I just tried it and it's the best damned cornbread I've ever eaten or made in my life!

Yep, everything's coming up Millhouse.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the hugs, all.

(((Cat)))

(((Snappy))) Mr. Wench dealt with that for a while. Anxiety about sleeping just create a vicious cycle. I think he ended up taking melatonin. Not sure if it worked, but thinking it would help eased his anxiety and that helped.

Vandal, lol!

Madder, boo on the pets but yay for a nice student and cornbread.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
At this point, what HASN'T peed on Madder?

((Catwoman))) (((Cricket))) (((Mario)))

I want some of that ice cream, Word!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Silver, if you are repping, rep me! Just as a standard policy, everyone can assume I'm nosy and would enjoy a rep whenever reps are being repped.

Hehe me too! I'm super nosy.

Stories like that are why my liver is in the shitty condition it's in.

LOL!!!!

Also YAAY Mercy's back!!

{{Ink}} oh the irony *ink - all this blood is putting me off writing my horror ms!*

What really makes my life exciting these days is my mechanic informing me that my engine is about to go and it's not worth it to replace it. He said "Eh, it could go in 2 days or 6 months. You'll hear a pop and then nothing -- you'll be dead."

I just know it'll happen when I'm in the drive-thru at Del Taco.

Ugh. car trouble is right up there with querying on the suck-o-meter for me :(

Fun fact: My knee hurts more when I stand than then I sit, but if I sit for too long it starts hurting like I'd been standing >.<. I think I need to dig out the warranty card on my body, parts of it are broken far too early.....

DUDE that is FULL OF SUCK! *shakes fist at Universe* Leigh's parts should still be under warranty! Replacements please!

It's Friday tomorrow, which normally would be a good thing, but I have to work for a few hours on Sat. :(

*snuggles with Cricket* I've gotta work this Saturday too. Gah

I came home to find the cat peeing in my shoe. Chased it away just in time to hear the dog puking on the floor in the next room. Aaand...a student today made me cornbread. She said she'd never eaten real American cornbread so she didn't know if it was any good. I just tried it and it's the best damned cornbread I've ever eaten or made in my life!

Yep, everything's coming up Millhouse.

MMmmmm....corn bread....

At this point, what HASN'T peed on Madder?

OMG KELLION THAT MADE ME BUST OUT LAUGHING!!!!!!!! :D

Sorry Madder but it's true! *HEHEHE* It's so true!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Oh poor Madder. As if the Hellhounds weren't bad enough.

(((Leigh)))

ETA: I really would like something exciting to happen today. If not exciting, maybe some bloggy controversy to make me good and mad so that I feel alive inside.

Last edited:

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Yes Cricket, thank you. I stared at the screen for an hour trying to figure out how to make that word white, and being the tech wizard that I am, I couldn't figure it out. I also haven't figured out how to select quotes...really, I'm hopeless.

madder -- am right there with you, except for me it's usually the dog peeing and one of the cats puking...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.