Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
(4bs)

Highlight of my day - picking up halloween decorations. I LOVE halloween. HA still it's sad when that's the highlight of my week!

Highlight of your week??? Soul, it's the highlight of my entire YEAR!!!! I live for Halloween and the opportunity to scare and completely gross out the kids in the neighborhood. Last year I did a bloody butcher shop. This year, it'll be a creepy graveyard with a rotting corpse filled with MAGGOTS in a coffin. I get all tingly just thinking about it!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Hey ya. Just popping in for a moment to say, I think what happens with threads is that communities form around them, and as peoples' circumstances change, they stay around because it's their peeps. So, yeah. The thread doesn't really do what it used to do. Understandable, I think, but I can see how that would be off-putting too.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just popping in to say hi, after skimming through tons of back-threads. Just haven't had the time lately, but trying to free some of it up. My content writing site looks like it's going under, the company, I mean, so I'm scrambling for work and sending out apps. Meanwhile my werewolf book came back for edits after being with the editor for 5 1/2 months. She said she just forgot about sending it, and she'd had it finished after the first month.

Picture me this: :Soapbox:

My jaw hit the floor. I was just giving her all the time in the world to the mark up the manuscript and had forgot about myself. Jesus. Major head slap all the way around.

Tri

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
{{{Pit}}}

I tell you, Pit, this would be a good day for a request. It would be a very bad day for a full rejection. Hellhounds, please, if one is headed toward my inbox, bite the e-mailman. You can gnaw on my heart all you want tomorrow if you enjoy the taste of black and bitter.[/QUOTE]

That's just downright poetic. And sorry about the washing machine mishap. Fixable?

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Tri))) Glad you have the edits -- do you have enough time now?

The washing machine is just an annoyance -- clogged drain. Unfortunately we lent our wet/vac and carpet shampooer out because of all the flooding, so the carpet will stay wet and mildewy for another day.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kellion))) You are not on pretend sub. You are on real sub. If none of those editors had interest, they wouldn't have asked for the MS. When you have an agent, the editors might not want to offend said agent by refusing to request. But those editors felt no such obligation to you. Your requests mean more in some ways.

Sorry if that was too cheery for the Pit.

Lisa, good points. The Pit has definitely become its own sort of community.

(((Snappy))) I missed your job stuff. Hope the week improves.

(((Tri))) How annoying. Glad you got them at last.

I live for Halloween and the opportunity to scare and completely gross out the kids in the neighborhood. Last year I did a bloody butcher shop. This year, it'll be a creepy graveyard with a rotting corpse filled with MAGGOTS in a coffin. I get all tingly just thinking about it!
:heart: I adore Halloween.

Most of the time I forget I'm on sub because news is so long in coming that I can't stay anxious. Anxiety becomes baseline normal. :(

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
It's funny though -- when you have four agents reading, that sounds pretty good. You have a decent chance at an offer. Four editors? Pfft. That's nothing. If you had an agent, you'd have 15.

See and I feel like having 4 agents doesn't = a decent chance of an offer at all. In Soul's world 4 agents reading at once means a great chance of getting full R'd x 4 all on the same day.

Hey ya. Just popping in for a moment to say, I think what happens with threads is that communities form around them, and as peoples' circumstances change, they stay around because it's their peeps. So, yeah. The thread doesn't really do what it used to do. Understandable, I think, but I can see how that would be off-putting too.

Totally get that, Lisa. I guess I just wish people could keep in mind the fact that their fellow thread users may not be as successful as they are right now and (unfortunately) reading copious amounts of great news may be making them feel down about their own lack of news.

Like there are pitizens who are agented/have book deals (and have stayed here 'cause they like the community), but it;s always been made very clear that this is not the thread for good news, and pitizens who are agented/have book deals are conscious of the fact that the pit is not the place to talk about those things (and that good news could potentially (and inadvertently) make their thread mates feel bad) so they take their good (ish) news elsewhere or to PM.

{{Tri}} {{Kellion}}

OOH fellow Halloween lovers! *cuddles wif Cat and Ink* HA! Thanks for that, Cat. You made me feel better. I couldn't contain myself yesterday - had to decorate the house...yeah I know, it's still September :tongue

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin' Pit

{{{Kellion}}}

{{{Snappy}}}

{{{Tri}}}

I have some potentially helpful info which I posted in SPit Shine (don't want to rile Hellhounds)

fourlittlebees

chief sitter on people
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.about.me
Bad morning, Pitizens. I had two recalcitrant children, the younger of which I carried onto the bus (you know that scene in every movie with a nerd where all the children are staring RIGHT AT THE NERD... yeah... that's what I saw) and pinned between two other children.

I fully expect the remainder of outstanding requests to come in to my inbox today with a flurry of comments telling me how much I suck.

Steve, am hoping your advice is how to keep the Drano from burning on the way down, as I'm currently adding to this maggotini.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Highlight of your week??? Soul, it's the highlight of my entire YEAR!!!! I live for Halloween and the opportunity to scare and completely gross out the kids in the neighborhood. Last year I did a bloody butcher shop. This year, it'll be a creepy graveyard with a rotting corpse filled with MAGGOTS in a coffin. I get all tingly just thinking about it!

This sounds awesome. I have a one bedroom apartment, but I decorate every square inch for Halloween, much to the hubby's dismay.

Halloween = greatest holiday. :)

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
See and I feel like having 4 agents doesn't = a decent chance of an offer at all. In Soul's world 4 agents reading at once means a great chance of getting full R'd x 4 all on the same day.

Steve, am hoping your advice is how to keep the Drano from burning on the way down, as I'm currently adding to this maggotini.
:ROFL:

This day needs to redeem itself. It's off to a poor start.

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
(((pit)))
(((ink))) ugh the agent emails, they make my heart stop cuz they usually are bad news- thank goodness this one wasn't.
(((kellion))) you are on real sub- what ink said
(((4bs))) R's suck always
(((anyone else who needs a hug)))
unfortunately with what I told you guys about yesterday- even though I know I don't have a snowballs chance- i now have hope... i feel sick for even wanting to believe something so against the laws of publishing nature could happen...

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
Bad morning, Pitizens. I had two recalcitrant children, the younger of which I carried onto the bus (you know that scene in every movie with a nerd where all the children are staring RIGHT AT THE NERD... yeah... that's what I saw) and pinned between two other children.

What a way to start your day. Know it. Been there. I don't know how you all manage the time and energy it takes for everything involving writing -- the creative part, the business part, the pr part, not to mention reading. Esp. when you have children, significant others, jobs, home and car bs to deal with.

I feel overwhelmed most of the time, taking care of my son without any help, who now everyone thinks might be autistic so that's another issue to tackle, and life always seems to take precedence. That's what I always struggle with anyway.

So I'm really in awe of you guys (kicks hellhounds away from ankles)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Cat))) I hate the overwhelmed feeling. It makes it hard to get anything done.

Silver! Whispering...Good luck! *Now shouting to hellhounds to get them away from Silver.* "Yoohoo hellhounds look this way!"

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
*Now shouting to hellhounds to get them away from Silver.* "Yoohoo hellhounds look this way!"

:ROFL: NO Snappy NOOOOoooooooooooo! You're too young to die! *reads eulogy* ah snappy...she was a good pitizen, a brave pitizen who often smelled of flowers and offered gifts of fresh maggotinis....

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
Silver! Whispering...Good luck! *Now shouting to hellhounds to get them away from Silver.* "Yoohoo hellhounds look this way!"

(((snappy))) thanks for giving yourself up to the hellhounds for me :)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Soul ->
laughing-smiley.gif

Silver, any time. ;)

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
*falls into the pit* *lands with an ungraceful crash*

Waves hello - :flag:

Having a shitty day

fourlittlebees

chief sitter on people
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.about.me
Hi, Beth. Sunshine a little too bright up there this week, isn't it? I'd offer you a maggotini, but mine have Drano today. Anyone doing a fresh batch? I'll be under the couch. I haven't gotten a fresh zombie R in... oh, 12 whole hours now. I just KNOW one's a-comin'.

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Hey 4b- yes-I could use a maggotino if I hadn't already exceeded my lifetime limit-hence me saying the serenity prayer over and over and over.... off to the tub-don't worry, I don't have anything sharp.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Beth))) Sorry to see you down here, but welcome to the maggot-based libations.

Status
Not open for further replies.