Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for entering! Yours stood out. Now it's up to our mystery judge...

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I require levity today, to keep me from vomiting in my own mouth.

Oy. Apartment hunting. It's a special kind of hell.

But-but-but I thought you were renovating kitchens and things.

?

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Red}}}

Thanks for the link, Kellion. I saw your tweet and entered the contest. Let the pain begin!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
It's one agent's choice, no biggie either way. Kind of fun to boil it down -- Steve, I thought you did a great job.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Balthane))) Sorry about the Rs.

Am assuming a query R today since the agent in question requests within 24 hours or never. Also had a terrible day at work, and am about to go fight with the WIP. The one that was supposed to be fun is starting to drive me batty.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))) I usually don't close out no-responses until they request something from someone else. Until then, I can always imagine the agent is in a coma or on a desert island and unable to read my brilliant query.

Although I do have quite a few queries on the outside of usual request time. It's like agents stopped reading the day I hit send. My query couldn't have driven agents out of the business, could it?

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Mine's gonna drive out the screenwriting agents. Together we can close down the entire literary business.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Only two rejections in four days. Things are slower than I thought.

Obviously I'm at the back of some very long lines, or else I'd have more by now.

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Balthane. I'm not as much of a comic geek as I'd like, but Batman=Awesome. No exceptions. :D

... and there's my third rejection. I knew one had to be coming before long.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((Shuemais)))

(((Balthane)))

Our garage door opener broke, so we've been opening and closing it the old-fashioned way. When I was closing it tonight, the door started coming down a bit too quickly. What did I do? Stuck out my foot to slow it. The foot I broke 6 months ago. :(

I'm icing it, hoping there's no damage other than a bruise. Gee, I feel so smart.

Not.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
I did a championship judo match with a broken foot once. I then drove home 8 hours. That was fun, especially because my pedal foot was the broken one.

Bah. I'm sending out more queries in the morning, but I'm stuck trying to decide whether to make this next story idea a screenplay or a stage play.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Oh no, Cricket!!! That's terrible. You poor thing. Instincts can be awful things. Let me help you to the naugahyde lounger (it's stuck in the up position), ice your foot, have two ibuprofen and a White Pussian.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Cricket))) Eek! I hate doing things like that.

(((Shuemais))) Boo on the Rs.
Although I do have quite a few queries on the outside of usual request time. It's like agents stopped reading the day I hit send. My query couldn't have driven agents out of the business, could it?
I know this happened when I started querying ALP because I was watching the twitter feeds of a couple of the agents. They tweeted that they read up to the day I sent mine, and then they didn't start reading again for another month. Gah.

All day meetings today, tomorrow, and possibly Friday. Ugh. Especially since I'm providing the training in it.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(
I know this happened when I started querying ALP because I was watching the twitter feeds of a couple of the agents. They tweeted that they read up to the day I sent mine, and then they didn't start reading again for another month. Gah.

Yeah, I think that happened to me, because I tried to only query people who appear to had responded to queries in the past 30 days, or even the last week. So I hit them off cycle. What confounds me are the ones that have rejected queries that were submitted after mine. I hoping that means I didn't go in the autorejecter and that they put it aside to read the pages. Of course, even in that theory, they have to LIKE my pages.

ETA: I'm having such a bad vibe about today -- we'll see if my inklings of dread come true.

Last edited:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for entering! Yours stood out. Now it's up to our mystery judge...

Thanks Kell! Usually Twitter style pitches make me :eek:

(((Baltane))) (((Ink))) (((Shuemais)))

Hell all pitzens ((( )))

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Shuemais)))

(((Balthane)))

Our garage door opener broke, so we've been opening and closing it the old-fashioned way. When I was closing it tonight, the door started coming down a bit too quickly. What did I do? Stuck out my foot to slow it. The foot I broke 6 months ago. :(

I'm icing it, hoping there's no damage other than a bruise. Gee, I feel so smart.

Not.

Cricket! OW! Feel better!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.