At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Stabby? Who? Point me at them. Hu-HA!!
Futurama_Roberto.gif

OMG. WIN. I love that character.

wbcd-stabby.gif
You rang?

There really is a smiley for everything.

do or do not. There is no try
yoda.gif

Okay, can I ask: What IS Yoda?

I mean, is it like how Smeagol was a hobbit turned bad? Did Yoda used to be a hobbit and now he's ... something different?

Or did somebody feed him after midnight?

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. WIN. I love that character.

There really is a smiley for everything.

Okay, can I ask: What IS Yoda?

I mean, is it like how Smeagol was a hobbit turned bad? Did Yoda used to be a hobbit and now he's ... something different?

Or did somebody feed him after midnight?
Happy to oblige :D.

And, clearly, Yoda's an alien toad.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Two today so far, both forms. One was worded in a way that stung. I know it's a form, but some get to me more than others.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Kell}}}

Just got another full rejection. I'm down to 2 fulls, but I'm running out of agents and I know the end is near on this one. Damn.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
(((Steve)))

I'm still near the beginning but I can see the end from here.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
And then he GETS BACK ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That's the best part. I mean worst. That's why he's so perfect for the Pit.

Sorry I'm not here more, guys. I have lost so much hope, I feel like I'm not even in the game. I'm not writing, editors are not reading, nothing is happening. I'm in the absolute zero sub-sub-sub-Pit freezer.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
That's the best part. I mean worst. That's why he's so perfect for the Pit.

Sorry I'm not here more, guys. I have lost so much hope, I feel like I'm not even in the game. I'm not writing, editors are not reading, nothing is happening. I'm in the absolute zero sub-sub-sub-Pit freezer.
It's okay. We all fall into that funk!

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kellion)))

(((Steve)))

(((lkp)))

Bloodbath in here today. Gah.

Steve, I'm with you. I've got one full and one partial left on my YA, and I've pretty much given up on that full. I'm not sure if the MS needs work, or if it's just the wrong story at the wrong time.

And... as I was writing this, in came a very unexpected full request on my adult UF. Hope, she giveth and she taketh away. Mostly taketh, but she likes to fucketh with us too, apparently.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
((((lkp)))

Yeah, right now I'm feeling like I shouldn't bother to send this out more and that I shouldn't bother to write anything unless it's big enough to breakthrough. I won't know what to do with myself though.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
*joins LKP in a hug, offers the maggot pipe* I hear you. I shouldn't joke about smoking mind-altering substances like that - a lesser person than us would be holding onto crack pipes with both hands right about now. But there you go.
I'm kind of exhausted - in a bad way - because I'm getting back into querying again, this time targeting agents and managers (I was doing studios directly for the longest time. I might get back into that later). What a maze to go through for every one, what an obstacle course to get a dose of silent treatment. And what is this "by referral only" stuff? So H'wood agents, you only accept scripts from your friends and wonder why you only get swill greenlit? Let me know how that strategy works for you.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see...

(((Pit))) Yeah, it's bloodier in here than usual.

Today I had no rejections in my in-box. I've decided to redo my query for the billionth time. Why? Because I'm a masochist, clearly.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-027.gif

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
The query's as close to done as I can make it -- fell off the front page in QLH, so it's off the radar now. Not much else I can do to make it any better.

Now ... to work up the masochistic fortitude to start submitting it again. >_>

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Mario, good luck! And so that explains why so much crap comes out of Hollywood.....

Cricket, if we weren't masochists, we wouldn't be doing this, would we?

Shuemais, good luck!

Friends arriving for a long weekend this evening. There will be no writing for me for several days.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
{{Kell}} {{Steve}} I hate knowing the end is near and there you sit, moldy and rejected still :)

SHIT {{{LKP}}} so, after the pit it’s just dropping off from AW in complete despair :( gah! I hate this, why does shit news always bombard us??? I’m glad you popped your head in, though

Heh, Mario, what makes you think we AREN’T clutching crack pipes?? There must be SOME explanation as to why we keep querying

I hate by referral only policies, too. I think it promotes the ‘unwashed masses’ cozying up to writers already in those agent’s rosters (or maybe just people in publishing in general) just to get a good word in with the agent

Good luck Shu, looks like we’ll start querying at roughly the same time. Should I start sobbing on your shoulder now or wait until my first R?

Cricket, if you’d like another pair of eyes, PM me your query

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
SHIT {{{LKP}}} so, after the pit it’s just dropping off from AW in complete despair :( gah! I hate this, why does shit news always bombard us??? I’m glad you popped your head in, though.

That's exactly what happens. That's why I wasn't around for a while. I knew if I stuck around reading other people's good news, I would fall even further into despair. So, Lucy, stay away if you need to, but we're here in the bowels of the Pit when you need us.

And I'm sorry the end seems very fucking nigh, Steve.

No wonder I don't want to work on my revisions. Then I would have to query again.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
So here's a question for you guys, what did you all do before the pit??I was relatively 'lucky' (and I use that loosely) in that when I was bombing out of hell and getting beat over the head with everyone's good news, I soon discovered the pit...and it was active. But is there anyone down here who was stuck 'top side' with nowhere to go for a while?

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
No wonder I don't want to work on my revisions. Then I would have to query again.
Makes sense to me. I'm unhappy when I'm not querying because then I *know* nothing can happen. And I'm unhappy when I am querying because then bad stuff happens. Can't win. It's that damn butterfly again.

So here's a question for you guys, what did you all do before the pit??
I tended to back away for a while and generally felt crappier. But I think the Pit was started when some other threads around here became happier places. There used to be a thread called the Coffee House of Pain (or something like that) where we could be miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.