Not open for further replies.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
BWAHAHAHAHA Red! That IS the perfect smiley! It's all 'yaay look at me! I'm finally here and...aaahhhh *falls, scraping face on pavement* why cruel world? WHYYY??'

And then he GETS BACK ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wow, 7 rejections, Vandal. At least now I know where all the blood on the floor came from.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Maggotini, Red?

I see from twitter that an agent I queried is reading queries. Sign of the bloodbath to come.

Last edited:

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Red, agreed.

Vandal, isn't 7 some mystical number? Could it be a sign of the apocalypse?

I want a stabbing query-go-round smiley as well.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Where's Leigh? We need that stabby smiley stat!

Red, what happened?! Were you foolish enough to poke your head out of our safe depressing pit!?

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a hit of the maggot crack, please.

Just got my second to last full R on the YA contemp. Sweet agent, you break my heart with your lovely compliments, and how you held on to it for so long because you were debating, but you ultimately have to pass because of the soft market for contemporaries and you just don't think you're the agent who can sell it.

Shoot me. Or shoot me up. Whichever.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))) That sucks. Oh, and a heads up for anyone thinking of doing any submitting of anything on their own -- F1ux is closing to unagented submissions March 1. Get your YAs in.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I have a million of those with this MS. At least it seems that way. I've never written a book before that so many people have really liked but none have loved (or even loathed).

Thanks for the heads-up, Kellion. I don't think I'm going to sub this one to pubs. The timing on this story must be off.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
RedScylla;5854623 Uh-oh. Does Leigh need to stab someone in the face? And can I say how glad I am that we have a designated Anti-Cheerful Face-Stabber down in the Pit?[/QUOTE said:
Stabby? Who? Point me at them. Hu-HA!!
Futurama_Roberto.gif

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHA Red! That IS the perfect smiley! It's all 'yaay look at me! I'm finally here and...aaahhhh *falls, scraping face on pavement* why cruel world? WHYYY??'

And then he GETS BACK ON THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Masochism? :D You learn big words in psychology classes.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
{{Red}} Silly girl! *pats seat next to her and sneezes at all the mold and dust that flies into the air* stay here with us where it's safe!

{{Ink}} Oh Ink, I can't tell you how much that hurt just to READ from the 'outside looking in' OUCH. Those complimentary R's ARE harder to take

Thanks Kellion. I figured F1lux would close it's doors someday, maybe I'll try submitting to them...

*bouncing* YAAY Leigh's back and she brought her assassin smiley with her!

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Oh how I hate what Twitter has done to the query process. I don't really want to know the instant my query is being mocked, trashed, and dismissed...
I know!!! I try to just pay attention to myself on there and not look at the agents because I'm certain that every barb is aimed at me.
Agent via twitter: This story with a huge ex-con with a pichant for beating his wife is LAME!!"

Me reading twitter: I KNEW THAT STORY SUCKED I'M SO SORRY!!!!

My boyfriend (annoyed): They aren't talking about you! Your sub has a FEMALE protagonist.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a hit of the maggot crack, please.

Just got my second to last full R on the YA contemp. Sweet agent, you break my heart with your lovely compliments, and how you held on to it for so long because you were debating, but you ultimately have to pass because of the soft market for contemporaries and you just don't think you're the agent who can sell it.

Shoot me. Or shoot me up. Whichever.

I got one of those last week. Ugh! They're the worst!:Hug2:

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
{{Red}} Silly girl! *pats seat next to her and sneezes at all the mold and dust that flies into the air* stay here with us where it's safe!

{{Ink}} Oh Ink, I can't tell you how much that hurt just to READ from the 'outside looking in' OUCH. Those complimentary R's ARE harder to take

Thanks Kellion. I figured F1lux would close it's doors someday, maybe I'll try submitting to them...

*bouncing* YAAY Leigh's back and she brought her assassin smiley with her!
Nice to be back! I was going to try and hope on, but after a 5 hour drive, explaining to my mom that I was actually moving up there next week (for realz) and then getting a shower, I just went to bed.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))) Why even bathe us in compliments if it is going to be an R? It's like I just stabbed you in the gut, but here's a nice flower arrangement to aid in your recovery! Ack.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Snappy that is soo true! Like someone said, 'close' is still a million miles away. (Morbid analogy) It's like saying you were 'close' to saving someone's life...well the outcome is still the same whether your were 'close' or not, right?!

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
(((Ink))) Why even bathe us in compliments if it is going to be an R? It's like I just stabbed you in the gut, but here's a nice flower arrangement to aid in your recovery! Ack.
:roll:"Sure, I shot you in the face, but I came to make sure you don't die. isn't that enough?"

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Love the Yoda, but looks a little phallic.

Status
Not open for further replies.