Not open for further replies.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Good job on the appointment, Snappy. I know the last episode passed eventually, but it's still a long time to feel lathargic. May the Force be with you.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all. Figure the old adage "better safe than sorry" applies.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Purgatory. I would complain about the cold gray rain, but that would make Cricket jealous, so I won't.

Thanks, Kell. It's cold-ish here with a teensy amount of mist, but I'm stuck at my desk, so meh, doesn't matter.

I think fantasy will be big soon, Ink. B1tterblue will feed some of it, Game of Thrones is huge.

Of course, mine will never be ready if I don't write it! I'm going to just pants the big bad middle and get started when I'm done my contracted novel's revision. I know how the first third goes. The rest will be more likely to come to me if I'm writing than if I'm not.

Go, Kell, go! Well, if fantasy is the next big thing, it won't be my ms. Tell me why I was looking forward to querying again?

Haven't gone to bed yet. Easiest to get some things done in the middle of the night.

Wow.

I have an epic fantasy I could revise and submit, but I'm feeling so sad and dispirited about querying that I don't see the point. Yet more time spent just to get more form rejections.

Make room at the Dispirited Bar (get it?) Para, I sent you a rep.

Now, back to work though. And wondering if I should go to doctor. Have been dealing with massive bouts of fatigue lately. Same thing happened to me about four years ago and lasted 6 months. Docs didn't find anything and it went away. Now, I'm feeling very similar and it's lasted for about 4 weeks so far. *sigh*

Glad you're going to the doctor, Snappy. Keep us posted.

Teri, it's human nature to be selfish. She's been your rock and now she's gone.

It's Monday, rejections in the inbox. I've barely started querying and I'm wondering why I'm bothering....feh.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Take care of yourself, Snappy.

Boo for passes, Cricket and Para.

Teri, I hope you're in for something good instead...

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Cricket)))

Teri, it's a Pit truism that no good deed goes unpunished. But I hope you build up some karma points instead.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Red, I hope your booze treats you well. Getting you stinko is a good start.

Blech, I'm just so exhausted lately. Oh well, must go revise now. It's work at this point -- very poorly paid work.

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Red, this is why I like drinking wine. I can toss back shot after shot of the hard stuff with no results. But one glass of wine does me in. I don't understand it, but it's much more efficient. Hope the booze treated you well.

Kellion, good luck.

I'm off today to make up for having to work a really long day on Thursday, so here I sit with my revisions again. Too early to start drinking?

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
I *used* to think I had this stalwart reader I could always count on. Then one day she read a book of mine and said she found it "unbearable to read." Never read another one again. In fact, she doesn't even call me anymore. So ... 20-year friendship that just couldn't make the next decade.

OUCH! Surely she could've worded it better...I've tried betaing books that I didn't like. I just said 'this isn't for me'.

Snappy glad you have an appointment, keep us in the loop!

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Cricket I donno if initially being excited to query is a sign of madness or if we just forget the traumas of querying enough between one round and the next to amp us up

BF just wrote again to say she'd like to read my manuscript in June . . . but I don't think I'll ask her. After 30 years of friendship, I think right now she needs me to give what she needs instead of try to get what I need.

Good call, Teri

I just found a wallet full of money and credit cards on the street. I picked it up and took it to a police officer. Now I expect something really bad to happen to me. Last time I did something at all like that (3 years ago a woman approachd me at a gas station and against all internal warnings I ended up giving her a ride and money) I returned home to find my garage had been burglarized. It's that kind of world.

OMG! The universe is a cruel, cruel b1tch!

Here's my positive thought for the Pit: since I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much booze to get me stinko drunk. Tell me the world isn't smiling on me.

Red it doesn't get much better than that! :roll:

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Would anyone like to come teach my class for me? It starts in five minutes and last three hours?

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Can't...playing hooky today myself...actually have doctor's appointment for kid...but not having to teach was a pretty nifty perk. :]

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a zombie query from November. Made me chuckle, after a certain amount of time has past, I wonder why agents bother with their form R's.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes zombie Rs are funny, sometimes they seem like an unnecessary slap.

Eh, I just sent some "email is free" Qs to go with my "stamps are cheap" Qs yesterday. I haven't had a lot of responses lately -- one R (to a full though) in the past month.

ink wench

Registered
Reaction score
Run Soul, run!
zombie01.gif

Go Kellion!

Think I got my revision outline mostly nailed at this point. Just sent some Qs to the agent to be sure, then will pull it together (assuming her reaction to my Qs isn't total horror).

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. Afternoon Pitizens. Thanks for all the reps. Will keep you informed. Snappy will be well, and promises to never refer to herself in third person again.

And now for other news...it's Tuesday.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to the Snappy! (I think third person needs a definite article)

Go, Ink! You can do it.

"Email is free" may require a TM, but it's Red's phrase. If she tries to make me pay to use it, I heartily protest.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
*cuddles Soul*

Kellion, THE Snappy, oh yes, there should certainly only be one. The world cannot handle more than one. LOL.

How's the week going for my fellow Pitizens? It's gray in this part of town.

Teriann

optimist
Registered
Reaction score
Cold and gray here. It's going to rain tomorrow again.

Status
Not open for further replies.