Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh)))) I hate moving under the best circumstances.

ETA: I was really expecting one of those Monday bloodbaths but just crickets. Subbed my old book to a couple places just cause but I'm thinking maybe I should try to rewrite it as YA instead of upper MG. *ponder*

Last edited:

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh))) Moving always sucks.

Kellion, rewriting it might not be a bad idea. YA still seems to be pretty hot, depending on the genre.

Have a nasty headache. Think I'm going to put S aside again for a while and keep working on NM. Maybe when my mood improves I won't think it sucks so much.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh))) Moving always sucks.

Kellion, rewriting it might not be a bad idea. YA still seems to be pretty hot, depending on the genre.

Have a nasty headache. Think I'm going to put S aside again for a while and keep working on NM. Maybe when my mood improves I won't think it sucks so much.
Is it a headache or a migraine? Because I'm good with fixing migraines... though the cure may not let you sleep depending on how close you are to your bed time...

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Ink, is that Lilith in your avatar? I was just reading about her, and I'd swear I saw that illustration.

The Pit always needed its own demon.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
*sidles up to the bar*

Much better down here, if you can believe I'm saying that. It's WAY too bright, happy, and shiny up in Purgatory.

*drinks maggotini, chews on moldy olive*

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
Hey...has anyone realized that Haupe (if I'm pronouncing it correctly) sounds an awful lot like 'hope' *eyes Haupe suspiciously and checks for butterfly wings* ;)
soul, you can relax. The "less" in my name is just invisible. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, all. I'm less pessimistic than yesterday, but I'm sure that's only fleeting. Plus, I enjoy gallows humor.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Leigh, thanks but it was just a regular headache. I don't get migraines, fortunately.

lkp, I've seen that statue attributed to Lilith, Inanna, and Erishkigal before. My WIP is based on Sumerian myth, so I was going for either Inanna or Erishkigal. Preferably Erishkigal, seeing as she's queen of the underworld. And the underworld has a lot in common in with the Pit. ;)

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
It's an amazing relief. And I'm happy to go with Erishkigal, since I'm down on Lilith at the moment for various reasons.

ETA for Cricket: I didn't think olives *could* go mouldy. I guess the Pit is a marvelous place of dreams where anything can happen.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
And I'm officially out there. Just send out a batch of queries. Let the nervous hand wringing begin.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Just for you, PoP.
vintage-best-made-washing-machine-ringer_390287381535.jpg

Here in the Pit, we'll ring your hands for you. :D

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Pit

Considering I started off the requestless February with Kellion's Mystery Agent content, I entered it again for March for closure.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Haupe alrriiigght we'll keep ya then ;)

ACK Red, you're so hard core :D

Ink-tsk-didn't you learn from Red? The beams of sunshine in Purgatory will only serve to painfully blind us Pitizens.

Awesome Princess! Welcome to the torture *ahem* query go round!

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Can I ride the tiger? :D

I'm pretty sure the Pit's query-go-round only features the more, uh, undesirable animals. Like the hyena. And the coelacanth. And ... I think the one you're riding is a three-legged butt-faced warthog. But you can call it a tiger, if that works better for you. :D

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else thinking of the li@n K1ng here?? It's Pumba! *important voice* Princess, I only ever ride hell hounds, while sipping maggotinis, it's fun to watch the hounds piddle on onlookers :D

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I only ever drink White Russians, though I guess we can call them White Pus-sians or something down here.

Leigh.Lyons

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! such frivolity down here this morning. Nothing to report except that I'm not supposed to be here today because this is my last day to pack. Tomorrow, I make the 4 hour trek to my boyfriend and we can resume apartment hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.