The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Mermaid Press / Mermaid Publishing, LLC

Chalice the Hatchet Knight Karen Duvall's Avatar

Mermaid Press / Mermaid Publishing, LLC

I just got spammed by "Mermaid Press." They sent me a press release for some self-published book called Stonewiser something or other, and I'm so irritated! I hate spam! And I hate the underhanded way of pretending to be a publisher when the company has just one book and one author. They even have submission guidelines, but it's obviously a front. What do you think?
    Karen Duvall
    Blog
    Website
    Twitter
    Facebook

KNIGHT'S CURSE -- A Publisher's Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall 2011 (Harlequin Luna)
    DARKEST KNIGHT -- Sequel to KNIGHT'S CURSE released March 2012 (Harlequin Luna)
    SUN STORM -- Novella in Harlequin's TIL THE WORLD ENDS Anthology

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Wow, blatant.

$15.99 for that 464 page paperback, currently $12.47 on Amazon. I think it's a front too. Too much blatant focus on that author's book. I have a feeling I know who's books would get the lion's share of the effort if they took on other authors...
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    Yeah I got it too.. urghhhh

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    One book not by owner published in '10. No activity since early '11.

ETA: Occasional activity; most recent - audio versions of owner's books in '14.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 04-27-2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: updating w/o bumping
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: