where did your story start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchild

I can't remember the time I wrote my first story but I do remember when i started on my first novel. I was on the verge of turning 15 and, silly as it may sound, I thought, "what the heck have I been doing with my life?" I wanted to something worthwhile. That, and the fact that I was mulling an idea around in my head for about a year. The ideas just. Wouldn't. Die. After months of restless nights, I finally put my thoughts on paper and haven't looked back.

peachiemkey

circuits in the sea
Registered
Reaction score
This is kind of my very first real story, unless you count the fantasy novel I attempted to write in 5th grade (I don't). Ever since September or so I wanted to write a novel so, so badly. (For reasons varying from the unhealthy "I need to impress colleges" to the idealistic "I want to do something huge" to the practical "I really should write more.") & did I make sure my friends knew it. But I couldn't think of any good ideas. I had the thought swirling around in my head that I wanted to write about a high school couple who'd been together forever, like since they were kids. Still couldn't think of a plot. Then I decided the boy would have to die LOL. I wrote a little blurb about his death, which simmered. In December the plot finally blossomed in my face, and here we are now :D

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Like peachie says above, this was my first "real" story.

Where did it start? First, I wrote this article.

After it was finished (but months before it got published), I started thinking about how radio waves worked, traveling over the air on the electromagnetic spectrum. Then, for some reason, I wondered if ghosts could travel on the electromagnetic spectrum. If so, some kind of electrical device could be built to receive a ghost.

How could that possibly work? It seemed technically impossible, or very difficult.

But it might make a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.