• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Prentis Literary (formerly Linn Prentis Agency)

SJBell

New kid, bring it on!
Registered
Reaction score
Address on Linn Prentis Literary? (merged into BR&BC thread)

Dispatched a query to them last week at the address on their blog, got it back today marked Unable to Forward. I over-queried my novel in the first place, so it's no big deal, but I figured people should no what's up. Did they change their address, and forget to update the info on their blog/site?

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
I sent in my partial on May 21st. Today I received an email from one of the interns, saying she loved it and asking for the full manuscript. *sigh* I'm trying to temper my happiness with the knowledge that even if she likes it, the actual agent might not... Still, it's good news. Wish me luck!

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Good luck! I'm in the exact same boat right now. I've been waiting on a response to my full for about two months now :) It's simultaneously exciting and--well, like you said, a little scary, since it doesn't go directly to Linn herself.

What was the name of the intern?

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Good luck to you too. 2 months? Christ. And here I was hoping I might get a swift response, because she liked the partial so much. The intern's name was Liana. Apparently, Amy was the one who would ordinarily have responded but Liana wanted to respond herself to tell me how much she enjoyed what she read...

Corinne Duyvis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
So things have to go through the interns, then through Amy, then through Linn? I'm even more anxious now. *g*

But hey, it's cool she was so excited! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

Corinne Duyvis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Heard back from Amy tonight - she apologized for the wait, saying that my e-mail fell through the cracks, that she's reading my MS now and will get back to me ASAP.

Which didn't make me nervous at ALL, obviously. Nope. Not me. Not one slight bit. :)

Corinne Duyvis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
They seem to be wading through the backlog of queries and submissions, based on the comments at QueryTracker. Has anyone here heard from her lately? I got another update three weeks ago and it seemed very positive, but I'm hesitant to cheer before I hear the magic words.

If anyone's had any dealings with the agency beyond querying/submitting, positive or negative, I'd love to hear more. PM me if you don't want it made public. I'd really appreciate it! :)

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
She contacted me a little while ago, basically just to check on the status of my submission.

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, you said it... Amy seemed very nice and apologetic when she contacted me. I guess for whatever reason they're just really overwhelmed.

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
I also got a recent email apologizing for the delay. According to the email, I should hear more soon.

Corinne Duyvis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
I heard from Linn Prentis yesterday; she said she likes my work and wants to take it on, but she's super busy until Thanksgiving at least, so she can't devote the time to research the project yet. She said she hoped I'd hold on for her.

Well, I guess I can do that. ;)

So to all of you still waiting -- she has a lot on her plate right now, but I hope you'll hear soon :)

Mr. Anonymous

Registered
Reaction score
awesome, congrats Corinne!

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Just an FYI. I just got an e-mail from Amy saying :

"Thank you for submitting to Linn Prentis Literary. Due to large organizational changes, a glut of technical issues, and increased volume of submissions we have not been able to meet our usual projected response time. We are back on track now but if you are receiving this email and are still interested in representation then we must ask that you resubmit your query. We want to personally apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We would like to extend our gratitude for your patience. "

I thought that was really nice. I queried on 8/5/10. Followed up on 10/5/10 and then just figured it was a no when I hadn't heard anything. I resubmitted today.

Good luck to everyone!

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Just an FYI. I just got an e-mail from Amy saying :

"Thank you for submitting to Linn Prentis Literary. Due to large organizational changes, a glut of technical issues, and increased volume of submissions we have not been able to meet our usual projected response time. We are back on track now but if you are receiving this email and are still interested in representation then we must ask that you resubmit your query. We want to personally apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We would like to extend our gratitude for your patience. "

I thought that was really nice. I queried on 8/5/10. Followed up on 10/5/10 and then just figured it was a no when I hadn't heard anything. I resubmitted today.

Good luck to everyone!
Hmm - I think I queried her in October and never heard back. Like you, I assumed it was a no, but I wonder if I should resubmit.

CherylAngst

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cherylangst.wordpress.com
I received the same email today, and was wondering if anyone knew what was up with the agency with regards to their "large organizational changes" - I have to admit those words gave me pause.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Received same email last night and re-submitted this morning.
Good luck to everyone.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I saw this thread in new posts, and knew exactly why.

I got it too

I'm agented, but I'd definitely resub if I weren't, since they went through the trouble of sending this out.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Got the same to requery. I did go back by her submissions page. Before she asked for a 3 page synopsis. The new request is for a 2 page synopsis. I wonder if we're grandfathered in under the 3 page synopsis?