A new form of mental illness called Climate Change Delusion

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I certainly sympathize with environmental concerns, too. I have nothing against 'green energy', if that means 'renewables'. I want them to be cost effective, and I'd rather not chuck everything for some 'pie in the sky' stuff which will never work.

It's insane for our country to send trillions to the Mideast for oil when we can provide for our energy needs here.

But the whole GW bit, it's extortion, plain and simple. If we cave in to it, we won't have the funds left to invest in renewables to get ourselves off the OPEC spiral of economic death.

I actually agree with you in the overall arc of this post of yours. And it's due to my concerns over Peak Oil.

Placing both of those two isses on a balancing scale, I believe Peak Oil outweighs Global Warming in both urgency of time and severity of societal impact. So I say we should give GW a back seat and concentrate heavilly upon alt energies.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It is economic suicide to stay dependent on mid-east oil. We must get independent.

But just look at the thread on the 93 year old man freezing to death without power, the outrage there. Well, you'll see a whole lot more deaths, entire families, like that when the price of power is too high for people to afford.

We need to 'wean off', not abruptly cut off, the oil spigot.

Again, I agree.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Seems like people are just taking the wrong classes. Global warming is pretty accepted in academia, but at my university and the classes I've taken, we're well warned not to buy into something just because it's accepted. My Fossil Fuels and Energy professor encourages us to go out and look at the data and the studies for ourselves and come to our own conclusions. He doesn't like the label "Global Warming denier," but at the same time, the answers are all there in the data--and if you still want to bury your head in the sand and refuse the conclusions...eh, forget it, I don't want to argue that stuff now. I'm tired and I've been doing homework for 12 straight hours and I want to sleep.

But I'll also mention that I think Plot would love my Fossil Fuels and Energy professor. ;)

Good night.

:)

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
Okay Plot, first of all I am a huge fan of global warming. This winter I sat out on the beach at Lake Michigan with a parka a cigar and a corona w/lime ofcourse, waiting for the palm trees and sun to drench my pasty white body in sunshine. What did I get?
50 degree below zero wind chills, 40 inches of snow, and an average tempurature of 5.

I',m pissed, I want global warming and i want it now.........!!!!!!aggggghhhhhhhhh

Damn it!!!!!!! see what you can do for me, okay?????

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
I noticed that too. As a continuing education student I can tell you that many teachers want you to read and listen and parrot it back.

Not all just some.

It's annoying and difficult when you read and listen to "theory" and know you have the experience that says they are speaking nonsense.

But what can you do?

Decide, do I want to think for myself publically and get a "C" or parrot back and get an "A"...in graduate school, it's the worst.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okay Plot, first of all I am a huge fan of global warming. This winter I sat out on the beach at Lake Michigan with a parka a cigar and a corona w/lime ofcourse, waiting for the palm trees and sun to drench my pasty white body in sunshine. What did I get?
50 degree below zero wind chills, 40 inches of snow, and an average tempurature of 5.

I',m pissed, I want global warming and i want it now.........!!!!!!aggggghhhhhhhhh

Damn it!!!!!!! see what you can do for me, okay?????

The raging fires in Australia right now will assuredly contribute an incremental perentage point or two to the advance of GW. Does THAT help any?

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
The raging fires in Australia right now will assuredly contribute an incremental perentage point or two to the advance of GW. Does THAT help any?

It's a start, its 60 in Chi town today, keep up the good work!!!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The fires in Australia are themselves an nathropogenic environment change issue. We have chosen to prevent the formation of floodplains and seasonal billabongs leading to larger areas being drier longer, leading to larger fires. Yes, fire seasons are natural, but they are now far more severe.