Mysterious guru predicts global economy will crash TOMORROW (then he disappears)

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Now I only just found out about the existence of this guy today. His name is Reinhardt. I am unable to find out if he has a second name. (I guess maybe the Gurus Guild might have some requirement that all members must only go by one name.) But in a matter of months he has amassed a HUGE following, and also has (or had??) a very extensive web site (which I never saw) with pages and pages of predictions on the future. The reason he became so famous so quickly is he already made two startlingly accurate predictions about the global economy that both came true. (And he did it all under the anonymous guise of "Reinhardt.")

But (or so I have been reading today) as of a few days ago, that web site has now been stripped of all its original content and all that remains on the now-lonely home page is the following:

"I TOLD YOU SO! :)"

I'm also told he used to have a YouTube channel, and as of a few days ago it has been disable. (The mystique just keeps getting mystiquier!)

Here's his blog (or at least I have been told that it's his blog).

Now it appears that the internet is absolutely abuzz with Reinhardt's final known prediction: that the entire global economy would embark upon a very rapid crash to begin on Friday, February 6, become painfully evident to everyone in the world on Monday, February 9, and then complete itself in its terrible entirety by ... Friday the 13th.

Meanwhile, I am TRYING to get more info on this guy and his predictions. But I am coming up very short.

For now, I have the following YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EHcHjsZMk

The only reason I have THIS video is I have been on YouTube today doing my usual rounds, and today I kept finding more and more comments in OTHER videos where people were making reference to some guy name Reinhardt (??) and his prediction that we were all doomed this very week. And then I decided to start searching.

I also have this sardonic commentary from a blog (and BTW-- James! This guy has your avatar!!)

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/fr...heorist-predicts-economic-collapse-next-week/

Internet conspiracy theorist predicts economic collapse next week

January 29, 2009 at 11:58 am by Thomas Wheatley in News

On Sept. 15, 2008, the stock market’s death rattle was amplified by Wall Street giant Lehman Brothers’ decision to file for bankruptcy.

One mysterious man named “Reinhardt” predicted the date and details of the collapse on a Google finance message board months before the fact.

He also explained — in great detail — that the crash was caused by an organization with Catholic ties. And that one of the group’s founders was Tom Monaghan, the brains behind Domino’s Pizza. So there’s that.

Yesterday, Gawker reported that “Reinhardt” has revealed his identity on his blog. He says another financial asteroid is approaching and will strike on Feb. 9. Thank God people are buying pitchforks and learning Tae-Bo!

What’s the local angle, you ask? Well, according to his blog, “Reinhardt” lives in Atlanta. The “Real Housewives” don’t have anything on this dude.

If you have creepy music on your iPod, like Creed, now would be a good time to turn it on.

Now, I don't know what to make of all this. But I figure I need to uphold my reputation for being the resident doom-and-gloom affocionado of AW. So ... there you have it.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
We are talking about a messageboard poster here, not a Guru. Please don't use the term guru.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken Little rears her ugly head.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
the guy was a google user name. He's since been banned. There is a lot of speculation over this yahoo, but really...who cares.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if we didn't have enough to worry about with the world ending in 2012, now we're going to have to be poor in the meantime.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I still decline in your request that I refrain from using the word guru.

It was a bit tongue and cheek, so I respect your decline. But guys like this pop up all the time.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Well, if we didn't have enough to worry about with the world ending in 2012, now we're going to have to be poor in the meantime.

Prince had the better plan, didn't he?

prince1999.gif

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH: No-hoper posts wild prediction on the internet, on the off-chance that things might fall that way!

Can't get enough of this stuff. Ever.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
This guy's prediction has a short fuse (he's got until Friday). So we'll see.

As for tomorrow ... um ... maybe make a quick trip to the local ATM tonight???

If I lose the thirty bucks in my credit union account, somehow, my life will go on. I'll take the gamble.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Funny. Yahoo shows that both Dow Jones and NASDAQ were up almost three points each on Friday. In fact, BBC News shows the current markets in Tokyo and Paris have had slight gains, as well. Spectacular crash? I doubt it.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
This guy's prediction has a short fuse (he's got until Friday). So we'll see.

As for tomorrow ... um ... maybe make a quick trip to the local ATM tonight???

If the entire economy collapses, that cash would be useful only as kindling or toilet paper. You should have gone to the grocery and bought a sack of dried beans.

This guy sounds like the next evolution of "Stuart" from the web in the 90's, who claimed to be from the future and made all sorts of predictions and then disappeared, his site closed down when the stuff was supposed to hit the fan. (Or more likely when the prepaid site was out of cash and the men in the happy white coats had arrived).

Stuart was if nothing else, entertaining, and it sounds like Reinhart is too. It is good to ponder the what if scenarios because one day it won't be just an if. However, I think people are a little more resilient than falling to a paper tiger. When (notice when, not if, since all things human are finite)our economy collapses, there will be a definable catastrophy that actually interferes with basic survival, not just our retirement plans.