Help with resume please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, time to change some gears I guess. I'm working on updating my resume and am wondering what you should put down for your "Employment objective" and under Reference I put two of my friends. Is that ok?

Thanks Nick

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What is your employment objective(s)?

I think I would just say "References available upon request" rather than list friends.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
Employment Objective-- should be as specific as possible, related to the job you're applying for. But something like "A job that will challenge me while providing opportunities for growth" is full of all the happy buzzwords.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Don't use friends for your only references if there is someone in a position of authority in your previous position who would give you a good reference or a professor or teacher who would do the same. It's okay to have a friend for one, but if you have been employed and don't list anyone from your work experience it will raise an immediate flag. If you've had more than one job and didn't get along well in the most recent one, it's okay to go two back.

On your employment objective - they want to see what you want to do for them, not what you hope they can do for you. You can get these two opposites to work together in one sentence. Puma

Status
Not open for further replies.